Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why no large scale jeep shops in MA?

Old 09-11-2014, 12:44 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think New England in general has so few shops because there really is so few places to legally go offroading. That, and the soccer mom's love the 4-doors, so they stay stock.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SiliconTi
I think New England in general has so few shops because there really is so few places to legally go offroading. That, and the soccer mom's love the 4-doors, so they stay stock.
Ya I think that as well. when I lived in VT I knew all kinds of Places to go. Put now in NH not so much.
Old 09-11-2014, 12:57 PM
JK Newbie

I don't think that there are enough Jeeps in New England to keep a dedicated "mods" shop in business. Besides having the economy suck, high gas prices and high taxes kind of shrink the customer base.
Besides the fact that there are too few places to do any serious offroading, I think that lots of JK owners just like their "4wd prowress", the sunroof option, and the fun quotient of the stock Jeep.
Except for adding the stock 17" wheels/tires and side steps, I've done nothing to my JK. If I wanted to do any mods, financially it wouldn't be a problem.
Old 09-12-2014, 09:47 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Vt.rider
I don't think that there are enough Jeeps in New England to keep a dedicated "mods" shop in business. Besides having the economy suck, high gas prices and high taxes kind of shrink the customer base. Besides the fact that there are too few places to do any serious offroading, I think that lots of JK owners just like their "4wd prowress", the sunroof option, and the fun quotient of the stock Jeep. Except for adding the stock 17" wheels/tires and side steps, I've done nothing to my JK. If I wanted to do any mods, financially it wouldn't be a problem.
High gas prices? I wish I had your prices here in SoCal hahaha
Old 09-12-2014, 10:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Foxboro area there is one right across from Gillette stadium and in RI there is the enthusiast who I used many of time they do all sorts of lifts lights wheel tire etc and prices are ok. But I have to agree on why and to the fact that conservationist keep taking more and more land limiting the amount of land open to the public let alone wheelers
Old 09-12-2014, 03:29 PM
JK Newbie

It really does suck not having a big local jeep shop in New England. I have been to the Enthusiasts in Johnston, RI. They are alright but they do not have alot of stuff at the shop. Everything has to get special ordered. I hate to be that guy but nothing frustrates me more than when someone tells me "we don't have it in Stock but we can order for you" ... yea I can order it too. I'm all about supporting local businesses even if their prices are slightly higher. I will pay extra for immediate gratification. It's also nice to see a product up front and personal before you order it.

MC 2.5, RRXHD, XD, 35' Toyo
Old 09-12-2014, 04:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by cuellarusmc
It really does suck not having a big local jeep shop in New England. I have been to the Enthusiasts in Johnston, RI. They are alright but they do not have alot of stuff at the shop. Everything has to get special ordered. I hate to be that guy but nothing frustrates me more than when someone tells me "we don't have it in Stock but we can order for you" ... yea I can order it too. I'm all about supporting local businesses even if their prices are slightly higher. I will pay extra for immediate gratification. It's also nice to see a product up front and personal before you order it.

MC 2.5, RRXHD, XD, 35' Toyo
I've had my local shop order gussets but the big purchases I've done on my own and probably saved thousands. I have them do a lot of labor so it helps to keep it local.

Quick Reply: Why no large scale jeep shops in MA?