Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why I love JK-Forum (and why you should too!)

Old 11-20-2008, 04:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Why I love JK-Forum (and why you should too!)

I'm on the road this week for work - driving all over my state. Went wheeling last weekend and my steering wheel got off-center by a bit.

Today while driving down the highway my ESP lights all start freaking out and so I pull over, knowing it was something to do with my steering. I called up another forum member whose number I got from the run last weekend and he gave me directions on how to recenter my steering. As soon as I got to my destination (which happens to be our John Deere dealership and full of tools), I got her re-centered and ESP problems gone!

I've tried to be a gear head for years now, but like a lot of you, I really didn't get dirty and really didn't get on the ground until I owned a JK. So while some would know this who wrench a lot, I didn't.

Thanks MOWrangler! This is what makes this site the best JK forum on the internet.
Old 11-20-2008, 05:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very cool!!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Right on...One big happy family...
Old 11-20-2008, 05:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This forum is awesome and JK's are the best!!!
Old 11-20-2008, 05:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice... That's why jk-forum is so freakin sweet. Everyone here helps everyone else and someone always has an answer to a problem or if they don't when we put our heads together we get it figured out.

You know what I think... we should run Jeep not Chrysler
Old 11-20-2008, 06:21 PM
JK Super Freak

Anytime man... I am always willing to help with the processes I am familar with.

After bending my tie rod and two different lifts, I have had a little practice at centering the steering wheel. I'm going to get some photos and a small write-up this weekend of putting on the Rock Krawler tie rod, so you might stay tuned. Once you bend the stocker once, it only gets worse. (and the rock krawler is a BEAST!)
Old 11-20-2008, 06:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I agree, this site is amazing. I posted a technical question about a friend's 1980's model Jeep (something about vacuum lines and the 4wheel drive system) and in the same day several people chimed in with info on what needs to be done to repair it. This site is loaded with gear heads who are willing to help.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:18 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats awesome! Thanks for the post!
Old 11-20-2008, 07:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 11-20-2008, 08:20 PM
JK Freak

I can't count the number of times I have received great advice from members on here and from using the search function. Also amazed at the crap I learn just from visiting here a few times a day at odd hours to read recent posts. Plus all the fun we have when we get together to get muddy and dirty.

Quick Reply: Why I love JK-Forum (and why you should too!)