Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why dont 4 doors wave!?

Old 07-10-2009, 10:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know, I'm kinda iffy on waving at older Jeep's because I did before and the guy just laughed at me. Put a real damper on my mood . I mean, my JK is completely stock because I don't have the budget right now for mods, and the other Jeeper had a completely modded out Jeep with the doors off and here I am with the JK unlimited lookin like a minivan dad waving and then gettin laughed at...lol not cool, not cool. I guess I'll just have to wait until the Gilmer run coming up here in the big TX to get my Jeep all dirty and then see how many older Jeeps wave now!!!

Lol this will probably take away my manliness, but who else here thinks that this smile picture thing is just cute:
Old 07-10-2009, 10:38 AM
JK Super Freak

In my town most people buy Jeeps because they actually need them vs wanting them for the lifestyle. We're up at 7500 ft and once you get out of the main roads in town, you're on dirt. During the years of the YJ and TJ, they were some of the least expensive 4WD out there. Now, you can get anything in 4wd for a reasonable price.

Having said that, NONE of the 2 door TJ's or JK's wave. There is a couple of modified 2 door JKs in town, but the dealership did the modifying.

The only consistant wave I get back is from a modified red 4 door X driven by some guy I've never met and from the woman in a a white 4 door X whom I sold some side steps to.

Sux!
Old 07-10-2009, 11:19 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by el_campede
Although there is a red 4dr with 33's and winch bumper that NEVER waves when I see him on the street.
He's probably an offroad snob... I waved to a guy with a cool jeep, gave me a ass wave back... like, my cool jeep is sooooo much better than your stock jeep...

hey dude, i have seat covers... (well, not yet, the shop is slow mailing these)... and hood thingies and a bra and well, I'm ordering a couple of hats as we speak... and the window sticker, if you can read this...
Old 07-10-2009, 11:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by shredX
In my town most people buy Jeeps because they actually need them vs wanting them for the lifestyle. We're up at 7500 ft and once you get out of the main roads in town, you're on dirt. During the years of the YJ and TJ, they were some of the least expensive 4WD out there. Now, you can get anything in 4wd for a reasonable price.

Having said that, NONE of the 2 door TJ's or JK's wave. There is a couple of modified 2 door JKs in town, but the dealership did the modifying.

The only consistant wave I get back is from a modified red 4 door X driven by some guy I've never met and from the woman in a a white 4 door X whom I sold some side steps to.

Sux!
And it's a shame you get treated that way because maybe you had a heavily modified 80's rig you sold to buy the 4dr since you have 5 family members now, need the space, and love jeeps.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Newbie

I'm only 4 weeks into my new 4dr Sahara and was not even aware of the wave (or peace sign) until a 2dr Wrangler waved as he passed. Since thns I wave or flash the peace sign to those loking but most folks look at me like I'm crazy. Maybe I am but who cares. I'll giive the new JK'rs (of which group I belong to) the benifit of the doubt unless I'm in Scotttsdale. Lets wave to all jeeps and try to get everybody on board.
Old 07-10-2009, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Growlz
When I wave from my four door, I usually get shunned from TJ's.
YEP. SAME HERE.
Old 07-11-2009, 07:15 PM
JK Freak

Today was the first! Until today I couldn't get a return wave from 4 door JK's but in truth their pilots were mostly Mall bunnies. Today I got a big wave BEFORE I could start one! Gave me a warm fuzzy.

Quick Reply: Why dont 4 doors wave!?