Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why dont 4 doors wave!?

Old 07-09-2009, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I Wave Too

I wave at all Wranglers. Except when its early and I haven't had coffee.

This is my first Jeep. I think that all Jeeps should come from the factory with a sticker on the visor explaining the Jeep Wave, instead of that damn roll over warning (or whatever it was).
Old 07-09-2009, 08:14 PM
JK Newbie

I finally saw another JK unlimited in my area with the JK forum stickers, seemed to be worth more than a wave so I threw up a fist.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

I wave at every jeep I see. Cherokee's even wave and I wave back, but its funny when you see the new Jk's with dealer ship plates and you wave and they look at you as if they might know you...

I also got caught in the rain (cough) thunderSTORM ... with my jeep with the top off and doors (had the bikini top on) in northdallas a few days ago and gosh it was pouring, i could have waited until it passed since i was at the gym, but nooo, i decided to drive home. it was the funnest ever. now thats when people look at you and wave. probably cause they saw me wet and felt sorry for me. AND IT POURED!!
Old 07-09-2009, 09:41 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was drivin in the rain today, no doors, mopar bikini, passed 2 jk's and 3 tj's. Only one that waved back was a chick in a modded TJ.
Old 07-10-2009, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've seen the problem and not just with 4 doors. I wave at every jeep I see. My wife thinks I'm crazy but she doesn't understand. Most do not wave back but every once in awhile someone will wave back which makes it worth while. We were on vacation in the SD Blackhills last week and saw lots of jeeps. However, most did not have the wave.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I wave from my four door, I usually get shunned from TJ's.
Old 07-10-2009, 05:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Growlz
When I wave from my four door, I usually get shunned from TJ's.
Been there done that.

But there are times when modded and muddy TJ wave!
Old 07-10-2009, 05:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

i see the same thing...i usually wont get a wave back from the TJ or YJ's unless they are modded. its kind of a game now......"who's gonna wave back". i also get a dirty look from one guy in town that has a stock silver sahara like mine, but i think that is because he is jealous
Old 07-10-2009, 09:58 AM
JK Freak

good timing i came upon this thread. I was just complaining to my girlfriend about this. I have a four dour, and in the city I live in there are probably half a dozen more here. Only one has the soft top on. All the rest still have the damn hard top! Its plus 30 outside and they are using there AC instead of popping the frigging doors off and enjoying it. And god forbid they wave. You would have to put a gun to someone here for a fellow JK driver to wave. Its maddening!!!! Anyways, theres my rant for the day!
Old 07-10-2009, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I never had an issue getting a wave while stationed in Italy... We'll see how SoCal jeepers are once my JK-U gets here...

Quick Reply: Why dont 4 doors wave!?