Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why dont 4 doors wave!?

Old 05-28-2009, 06:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man this got intense... i wasn't saying that 4 door owners NEVER wave, im just saying it doesn't happen often and i would like to see more waves instead of artarded looks.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:17 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

who put the damn mirror on my monitor again?!????
Old 05-28-2009, 06:20 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by dom7226
man this got intense... i wasn't saying that 4 door owners NEVER wave, im just saying it doesn't happen often and i would like to see more waves instead of artarded looks.
I've had my Jeep for over two years--since March 07. I've been through the upgrade path and now, in a head-to-head encounter, I think my Jeep looks pretty "Jeepy" (for lack of a better word). I always wave*. A big, full-hand, out the window wave. If I have doors on and windows up, I roll down the window--even if it's really cold (okay, maybe not if it's pouring rain). And I wave at all Jeeps. Yes, even the chrome-jalopies running on rubber bands (okay, maybe not such a big-hand wave for them). Unlike others here on the forum who say that so-and-so drivers don't wave, or I get more waves after mod's, etc, I've never detected a pattern in who returns waves. Mods or no. Doors/tops on or off. Ladies or men. Two or four doors. JKs and everything else. No pattern. They all wave, but inconsistently so. I'd say on any give day I'll get 30-50% waves. So, what will I do about that? Well . . . keep waving!

*Full disclosure: While at EJS I didn't wave. There were just too many Jeeps, so no one waved. Well, I may have waved at a few JKs, but pretty much ignored the other Jeeps, considering that at any given moment you were likely within waving range of a dozen or two Jeeps.
Old 05-28-2009, 06:21 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
... who put the damn mirror on my monitor again?!????
Hap: It's a webcam. Now wave:
Old 05-28-2009, 06:28 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

DAMMIT!

*where's my shorts??*

Old 05-28-2009, 09:05 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In our Unlimited I make sure I wave to all Wrangler Jeeps....it is a hit or miss with other jeeps waving at me with our unlimited with the doors and hardtop on

However.....it's another story when I either have the top off/down or the doors off I get way more waves from other jeeps. Still I get way more waves from 2 doors than I do 4 doors.

Last edited by RevyJKU08; 05-28-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:00 AM
JK Freak

Default Stealing this photo.

Originally Posted by Detn8RYellow
This Look ??

Before joining "JK", I asked my kids for profile ideas, the orange jeep with head lights reminded my daughter of an Orangutan. Thus a profile was born. Jonas Brothers never made the cut. As far as the wave, my friends believe it started with the "Monte SS" back in the eighties (that can't be right)
Old 05-28-2009, 10:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Orangutan
...As far as the wave, my friends believe it started with the "Monte SS" back in the eighties (that can't be right)
NO WAY! Not many of the Parachute Pants wearing, Cappezzio shoe gold chain crowd were big into WAVING at other like-minded Monte SS drivers. Just based on my observations. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Bikers have been waving LONG before then. I suspect your friend just started driving around then and a few others with Monte SS's got excited when he drove by in his.

Besides, it wouldn't be a "wave" so much as a head nod and a: 'sup?
Old 05-28-2009, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

Default Well said

Originally Posted by adamisadam
NO WAY! Not many of the Parachute Pants wearing, Cappezzio shoe gold chain crowd were big into WAVING at other like-minded Monte SS drivers. Just based on my observations. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Bikers have been waving LONG before then. I suspect your friend just started driving around then and a few others with Monte SS's got excited when he drove by in his.

Besides, it wouldn't be a "wave" so much as a head nod and a: 'sup?
I remember their center console lean (hiding the P.B.R.'s). Thats them, nice cars back then. I also extend low left on my 2003 Road King, no matter what their ride. 50/50 response. Nice color choice, very few around here.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Orangutan
...I remember their center console lean...
Yup! That was a good one! Same held true for IROC Camaro drivers.

Quick Reply: Why dont 4 doors wave!?