Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why dont 4 doors wave!?

Old 05-27-2009, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mk-Dubai
i got a wave from a sweeet girl once

....but then she got embarassed cuz she thought i was some1 she knew LMAO
Old 05-27-2009, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

"I think when you purchase a Jeep they should tell you about the Jeep Wave"

Our salesman did tell us, otherwise we would not have known. (Newbie and all)

I was wondering if there was something that 2drs did not wave to 4drs and vicaversa.

I do find more 2drs wave back or wave first.

It could be the soccer mom thing, There sure are alot of 4drs out there that seem to be taking over the minivan thing.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

i wave to all jeeps. all my friends make fun of me, and this one girl i know says im in a cult.

it sucks just getting a funney look, cause when i had a motorcycle everyone waved to each other.

1 time i was drive next to a soccer mom in a 4dr and wave at every red light we pulled up to. she finnally gave a half hearted wave...she probally thought i was trying to hit on her or somthing. lol
Old 05-27-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Freak

Default Give it time.

I remember the day I bought my 87 YJ, and no CJ's waved at first (rectangle head lights). Then when I bought my 98 TJ, few YJ's waved. However JK-2 vs JK-4 doesn't make sense, especially with tops down.

Ape don't kill Ape
Old 05-27-2009, 07:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

most jeeps wave in Toledo... haven't noticed 2/4 bias at all. I do see a lot of hard tops on still though... it's warm, take the top off!!! a little outside weather is good for you!
Old 05-27-2009, 10:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dom7226
I don't get it! 99% of the time a 2 door will wave back but I truly feel like I've got a better chance of seeing a fu**ing pink unicorn fly over my head and make me brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal than having a 4 door wave. I sorta feel a little better now.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:42 AM
JK Newbie

Default Imho

We just got back from a 2775 mile trip from Kentucky (home) to Lake Placid, thru Vermont, Mt. Washington Valley New Hampshire (yes we drove the mountain road to the top) the very next afternoon we were at sea level on Cape Cod, finally to Somerset Ma. to visit the grand kids.
BTW the average gas mileage was 21.071mpg and the best was 25mpg on the speedo (23.619 on that one tank)

I agree with some on here.... the 2 doors waving back outnumbered the 4 doors by a large number.
It could be that they just did not know... some were oblivious others had the look of wondering why I was waving!
I can narrow it down a bit further...
In and around Lake Placid we got plenty of waves back... in and around Mt Washington Valley we got even more waves back.... mostly all by 2 doors... but some 4 doors as well. Cape Cod jeepers were right in there with the rest... most 2 doors waved back.
We also saw that the jeeps that had lifts or had some mods, or doors off or top down... wave more than any catagory... 2 or 4 doors!
While on the highway we found that if on a two lane hwy... we got more waves. On a four lane hwy we got much much less... and intestate 80 and similar we got far less wave backs! (probably due to speed and dividers etc.)
On two lane roads I found that if I flashed my lights further in the distance and then wave, I get many more waves back!
It seems as if the friendliest wavers were in New Hampshire, next Lake Placid NY, then Cape Cod.
It seemed like the 4 doors were more numerous at times... we sure saw a lot of them.... but they averaged out to be less motivatged to wave or wave back.
I hope this makes sense it is what I experienced on a long driving vacation.
Ralph & Peggy
picnic42

(pics to follow soon)
Old 05-28-2009, 05:08 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Great post about the long trip, picnic42. I also have noticed over the years that NH and VT tend to have friendlier drivers who like to wave. Of course, I live in the NYC area, so EVERYWHERE else is friendlIER than what I'm used to!

But I have to ask, HOW THE HECK DID YOU GET SUCH GREAT MILEAGE?!! I assume you have a stock JK, non Rubi model with street tires. Do you drive conservatively? wow, 21 MPG over 2700 miles! wow.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

I haven't read through the whole thread yet, but I'm a 4 door driver and wave at every Wrangler I happen to see. I do occasionally miss waving at somebody if I don't happen to see them until the last second. I've felt bad the couple times I noticed somebody waving at me out of the corner of my eye but I didn't have time to wave back

edit: Oh yeah, and I drive a Sahara to boot

Last edited by Geezle; 05-28-2009 at 05:18 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by adamisadam
Great post about the long trip, picnic42. I also have noticed over the years that NH and VT tend to have friendlier drivers who like to wave. Of course, I live in the NYC area, so EVERYWHERE else is friendlIER than what I'm used to!

But I have to ask, HOW THE HECK DID YOU GET SUCH GREAT MILEAGE?!! I assume you have a stock JK, non Rubi model with street tires. Do you drive conservatively? wow, 21 MPG over 2700 miles! wow.
We have a stock 09 sunburst orange Sahara hard top automatic. I think the only thing other than stock that might effect mileage, I have a factory installed hitch... which changes the gear ratio.
I drive normally I think... not very heavy footed I guess. I was surprised myself, we expected 19 mpg or less actually. I will put the details in on another post, so as not to hijack this one!
Ralph

Quick Reply: Why dont 4 doors wave!?