Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why dont 4 doors wave!?

Old 05-26-2009, 08:59 PM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm another JKU waving fanatic! I get some waves back. Definitely get more that wave in response to my wave that would normally not wave. But they DO get it. They like the recognition. I got an enthusiastic wave back from a soccer mom the other day. Took me by surprise (I was waving at her Jeep before I could even make out the driver).
Old 05-27-2009, 01:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeppers....another waver here.

I have owned three TJ's and now a JK. The wife has a 4-door...

I wave to about 80% of Wranglers and receive very few waves back, but with the new crowd that the JK's are pulling, us wavers have one job on our hands.....and that's to educate them. Make them aware of the inherent tradition that we all (well, most) strive to keep alive.

My hat comes off to all who go out of their way to keep the "Wave" alive.

Old 05-27-2009, 01:45 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I try to wave, but as was mentioned above sometimes i am thinking about something else and my mind just isnt on it. I always feel a little bad when someone waves and I miss it. I ride a motorcycle as my other form of transportation & i wave on that as well. I get far more returned waves in the Jeep than i do the bike. Most Harley riders wont wave at me because I'm riding an enduro. . it's the same deal, i'm not waving at the bike (or the Jeep) i am waving at the person with a like mindset (or hopefully so) that is driving it. Some wave back, some are busy and/or don't notice, some don't get it yet, some never will, and some people are just jackasses.

I wave because i like to. In a large part, i do it for the completely selfish reason of it making me feel better. Hopefully it brightens someones day just a little, i know it does mine when i get a wave.

Old 05-27-2009, 02:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

i got a wave from a sweeet girl once

....but then she got embarassed cuz she thought i was some1 she knew LMAO
Old 05-27-2009, 02:45 AM
JK Super Freak

The lifted TJ that looked me right in the eye and snubbed me a week or so back gave me a hearty wave when I had the top off.

Let's face it, Unlimited owners, with tops and doors on, our 4-door JKs do resemble that other SUV that we and others love to hate. That's why chrome mods are wrong and going topless as much as possible is a Jeep Law.........'cause the fake Hummers can't go topless.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:42 AM
JK Freak

I think when you purchase a Jeep they should tell you about the Jeep Wave
Old 05-27-2009, 04:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That's a good idea. Frankly, it should be in the Jeep literature AND in the top folding instructional video.

I did notice that when I had my "Jeep Jamboree USA" windshield decals on, I used to get a lot more returned waves from modified Jeeps of all types. AND THAT WAS IN MY LIBERTY!
Old 05-27-2009, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Talking

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
The lifted TJ that looked me right in the eye and snubbed me a week or so back gave me a hearty wave when I had the top off.

Let's face it, Unlimited owners, with tops and doors on, our 4-door JKs do resemble that other SUV that we and others love to hate. That's why chrome mods are wrong and going topless as much as possible is a Jeep Law.........'cause the fake Hummers can't go topless.
I agree here. I always try to wave at all Jeeps, but I notice I get more waves from Jeeps (and a lot of non-Jeeps) during the summer when I have the top and doors off........I am bad in the summer when I wave at Hummer H-3s and new FJCruisers on purpose while I am topless and doorless

Old 05-27-2009, 05:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by husker_shoe
I think when you purchase a Jeep they should tell you about the Jeep Wave
I totally agree. If Jeep was smart about it they'd have that drilled into their sales staff as selling point.

When you buy a Wrangler, you're not just buying the most capable "off the lot" 4x4 in the world, you're joining a family with a long history. The "Jeep Wave" is how other Jeepers show their appreciation of you joining in.

I'll keep waving.

"A quitter never wins and a winner never quits."
Old 05-27-2009, 05:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

That's a thought that Jeep/Chrysler's marketing dept really hasn't tapped into yet.

There is a pretty substantial sense of community amongst Jeep owners, and I think it wouldn't be a bad idea for them to release a commercial that really focuses on that.

Quick Reply: Why dont 4 doors wave!?