Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why dont 4 doors wave!?

Old 05-26-2009, 11:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two words... Soccer moms!!!!!! haha There are a lot of soccer moms in JKUs and they rarely ever wave back
Old 05-26-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Super Freak

being in NY i usually get a different sort of Wave if you know what i mean. but i don't wave anymore unless they wave first i gave up. i waved for almost a year with only the same people waving back. one guy had a sweet 4 dr all hooked up with a winch and everything i waved at him a few times he just looked at me like i was crazy. i bet he will never even take that thing offroad just another rich moron with nothing better to do.

i get waves from people who are not in jeeps and more people pulling up next to me hoking screaming nice jeep i love it. or sweet ride i like what you did with it. more so than people with jeeps waving
Old 05-26-2009, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dom7226
I don't get it! 99% of the time a 2 door will wave back but I truly feel like I've got a better chance of seeing a fu**ing pink unicorn fly over my head and make me brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal than having a 4 door wave. I sorta feel a little better now.

I have a 4DR and....

I WAVE!!!

Your original statement sucks!
Old 05-26-2009, 12:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Another StL JK here, I wave when waved to. Usually its something subtle, like just lifting the fingers on the steering wheel.

My wife makes fun of me b/c almost every vehicle I own is part of a waving community.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Another 4dr here, and I wave. I'm the instigator as most Jeeps I pass would not wave first. I get the occasional that beat me, but not many.

Of the JK's that don't wave, most I'm finding are Saharas (Soccer Moms). Start the ribbing. Although there is a red 4dr with 33's and winch bumper that NEVER waves when I see him on the street.
Old 05-26-2009, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dom7226
I don't get it! 99% of the time a 2 door will wave back but I truly feel like I've got a better chance of seeing a fu**ing pink unicorn fly over my head and make me brown sugar and cinnamon oatmeal than having a 4 door wave. I sorta feel a little better now.
Do you really care? I mean really?!

What does this wave really have to do with you or your jeep, or my jeep?

As far as your comment I think you are completely off base. There are quite a few Jeeps in my area and by far the majority are pre-JK and these people RARELY ever wave or even seem to notice other Jeeps. I see the two doors all the time, and they are completely oblivious to everyone else.

It has nothing to do with JK's or 4-doors, I think people in general are just too self-absorbed anymore to even notice what is going on outside their own world. Most of those that I see are on their cell phones and probably wouldn't notice you unless you decided to ram them.

And before someone makes the comment "You just don't get it", yes I get it. It's a wave, not quantum physics. I hold my hand up, you hold your hand up and we both smile feeling like we've made some type of connection.

Can't wait for the next thread extolling the supposed virtues of the precious Jeep wave.

Beel
Old 05-26-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Hey!!!!

I have a 4dr and I wave to everybody!!! My daughter who sits in the back seat waves to all the Jeeps too.....even if we are on the highway and they are going to opposite way. She gets mad when they don't wave back.

I tried explaining that they dont see her in the back seat!
Old 05-26-2009, 01:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 4 door and I wave to everyone. Thing I noticed is 99% of non-JK Jeep owners refuse to wave back to me. Sometime they look at me like I'm retarded and other times I see them notice me and purposely look away like to change the station on their radio or something. I'm at the point now where I am going to stop being the one to wave first and only wave if I get a wave first.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I’m in a 4dr and I wave at all Wranglers I see. I have also told my wife that it is a must that she also waves to all Wranglers she sees now that she has her own 4dr. I do get more waves back from 2dr Jeeps than 4dr Jeeps. I have had a few 4dr Jeeps that look right at me while I am waving, but choose not to wave back. I have also had the same with 2dr Jeeps, but it is not as often as with 4dr.
Old 05-26-2009, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

I know I'm going to get flamed for this. I own a boat and have been boating for over 15 years. There's such a thing as a boat wave. When two boats pass each other, they wave. It's almost automatic and instinctual. You're out on the water. There's no traffic (relatively). There's birds flying around and the sun is shining. You're going out to or coming home from fishing, water skiing, tubing, pleasure cruising, island exploring, diving, snorkeling, whatever. You are out away from the masses and have effectively left alot of lifes stresses behind. You've escaped and so has the guy/girl in that boat you're waving to. You understand each other. Sailboats, jon boats, center consoles, tug boats, kayaks, speed boats, shrimp boats, ten feet or forty feet. Evryone gets it. Everyone waves. It's as it should be. We're on the water. We're free.

Now I can relate some of this to owning a Jeep as well. I happen to be one of the wavers. I can definitely understand it if you pass each other on a trail or on the beach. In these cases, you've both gotten out and away and escaped the rest of the crowds. You "get" each other. A wave is in order.

Having said that, I just don't see where any of this applies when you're in lane one of a six lane highway and someone over in lane six, heading the opposite way in 75 mph highway traffic on his way to work throws his hand out and waves. I guess what I'm trying to say is people drive there Jeeps to work or to run errands or to the hospital or to the inlaws house for a cookout when they'd rather be trail riding or surfing or boating, etc... and just not in a mindset that facilitates a wave to someone just because they're driving the same vehicle as you.

I'm ALL FOR the wave, just saying I can totally understand why not everyone waves back and it doesn't bother me if they don't.

Quick Reply: Why dont 4 doors wave!?