Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why did you buy your JK?

Old 11-20-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Previously had an 01 built TJ. I sold it to pay for our wedding in 05.

I missed the Jeep culture/friends

I missed the rock crawling.

I missed the camping and exploring amazing Arizona.

We started having kids so the 2-door GTO wasn't cutting it anymore but the JK Unlimited fit the bill perfectly.
- Safety: it's easy to build a JK like a tank to protect my family, and myself.
- Seats 5: Plenty of room the 4 of us, 125pd rottweiler and our "stuff"
- Goes anywhere I want to go, in relative comfort.
- Convertable when I want it to be + take the doors off even better than any other convertable on the market.
- Don't worry about dents, dings, or scratches... its a JEEP.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:24 PM
JK Freak

sold the TJ to get married???? that's commitment.....i'm not there yet lol
Old 11-20-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LedZepp877
sold the TJ to get married???? that's commitment.....i'm not there yet lol
Yup No better way for a jeeper to show commitment to his future wife. It was tough though - my TJ was my baby. It all worked out in the end, now I have my JK Unlimited Rubi and it's on it's way to becoming the beast my TJ was. Yay Karma!
Old 11-20-2008, 01:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Now THAT'S a sick Jeep right there!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

i would have to say that I bought a JK because when the hard top is on it looks like a Hummer. . . . just kidding. But seriously I hate when people say that.

Retired the TJ and this has more room, more doors and is easier to fit the whole family including the dogs.
Old 11-20-2008, 08:25 PM
JK Newbie

Loved my TJ, but once I saw how much nicer the JK was I was sold....Better gas milage was also a plus.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had a motorcycle and a Subaru for a few years but was finding that I was taking more adventure-riding trips on the bike without my kids and that the Subie was getting stuck on some trails when loaded with gear. I entertained the idea of getting a sidecar for the bike, but that would've meant a bigger bike and a lot of fettling to set-up right. My work also began offering an attractive salary packaging/ lease arrangement too. So I sold them both and now have a "Four-wheeled trailbike" that I can use to introduce my kids to my favorite backblocks camping spots. The Jeep Wrangler vehicle and lifestyle has many similarities to the adventure-biking scene but is more family-friendly.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:21 AM
JK Freak

My Jk is my 1st Jeep. I had a Harley and when it got stolen my 2nd daughter was just born so i wasn't ready for another motorcycle and bought a 66 chevelle.Pretty much rebulit it from the ground up.had it for about 6 years and started doing more and more camping and such with the wife and kids, so i did the unthinkable and sold my chevelle and put that down on my JK and i don't regrete it one bit. Now both my daughters want my Jeep when they turn 16 which is good for me because that means i can get a new one here in a couple of years.i just wish i would of bought a Jeep earlier but i think it is safe to say now , that I will own a Jeep till the day I die!
Old 11-21-2008, 01:50 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
Needed a replacement for my well-worn TJ, seemed like the obvious choice.
Originally Posted by gonetoshoot
Loved my TJ, but once I saw how much nicer the JK was I was sold....Better gas milage was also a plus.
Originally Posted by odin725
My Jk is my 1st Jeep. I had a Harley and when it got stolen my 2nd daughter was just born so i wasn't ready for another motorcycle and bought a 66 chevelle.Pretty much rebulit it from the ground up.had it for about 6 years and started doing more and more camping and such with the wife and kids, so i did the unthinkable and sold my chevelle and put that down on my JK and i don't regrete it one bit. Now both my daughters want my Jeep when they turn 16 which is good for me because that means i can get a new one here in a couple of years.i just wish i would of bought a Jeep earlier but i think it is safe to say now , that I will own a Jeep till the day I die!
I had a 98 TJ that was well worn. I wanted a TJ so bad I was hooked before I got. After I got it forget it. I'm a Jeep Wrangler guy for life!!!
I was leaving on this deployment so I had my mom try and sell the TJ. That went pretty quick. So I knew I wasn't going to have a vehicle when I returned. I had to get a new ride. So I upgraded to a Rubicon (which I have been drooling over since they came out)
The bad news; it's sitting at the dealership with my name on it right now. I have only seen it in pictures that I had the dealer send me. Do you have any idea how hard it is knowing that you have a JK Rubicon waiting for you at home and you haven't seen it, sat in it or test driven it. It's driving me insane everyday. lol.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:55 AM
JK Freak

Oh forgot to mention that it didn't matter if they came out with the 4 door or not, I would still be a Wrangler man for life. (Can't say Jeeper because there are some out there that I don't think should carry the name) But the fact that they came out with the 4 door is nice for the family and my dog, and some gear! I used to take the TJ if it was just me and her or me and the dog or all three of us. If we had to take the kids then we would take her XJ. But now that we will have the JK, take a wild guess at what is going to go everywheres.

Last edited by Choppus; 11-21-2008 at 02:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Why did you buy your JK?