Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why did you buy your JK?

Old 11-12-2008, 08:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought mine to make up for a short coming
Old 11-12-2008, 09:01 AM
JK Freak

One of the main reasons was the aftermarket support. No other vehicle has as many options available. My WJ had limited aftermarket options, and it drove me nuts looking at all the things you could buy for the wrangler.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:07 AM
JK Junkie

I'm not new to Jeeps, but it had been more than 10 years since I got rid of my XJ. I had been thinking for a few years of picking up a used Jeep for weekend fun, but when the 4 door came out and it seated 5, I knew what my next vehicle would be. I have 3 kids, so the 2 doors would never work for me. Top down, doors off is what it is all about
Old 11-12-2008, 02:20 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Because it's fun, practical and useful. For example I just took 5 disabled people for a spin, just for fun. I work in a school for people with special needs. The sun's out in the Bay Area and it is gorgeous, so I took the windows off, put the top down, loaded up one person in the 3rd row, 3 in the middle and one passenger up front and the six of us drove around town for about a half hour. They had the time of their lives and so did I. That's what Jeepin's all about right there. It's about enjoying your God given friends and the God given weather be it sunny and 70 degrees for a cruise or offroading.

I introduced them to death metal by the way. They LOVED it. Listened to Fear Factory.
Old 11-12-2008, 02:46 PM
JK Freak

Im obsessed with outdoor living.. Hunting, Fishing, camping, OFFROADING.. so Jeep was the only option.. plus I feel FREEDOM when I drive TOP DOWN!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LaxAHolic
the jk gives me a versitile..some what fuel efficient (with some mods of course) SUV..and honestly..i love it. im only 17..sure, but im sure ill have it til it falls apart..
I'm curious, what kinds of mods can be done to improve fuel efficiency?

I'm used to driving a little Hyundai Elantra GT so the JK seems like a pig in comparison
Old 11-13-2008, 04:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by greenryde
i have always liked the wranglers but couldn't see myself in a two door with a family. wish jeep would have had the 4 door sooner
I'm with you on that one...the 4 door suits my needs perfectly, but a 2 door just wouldn't cut it.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spartan99
Because it's fun, practical and useful. For example I just took 5 disabled people for a spin, just for fun. I work in a school for people with special needs. The sun's out in the Bay Area and it is gorgeous, so I took the windows off, put the top down, loaded up one person in the 3rd row, 3 in the middle and one passenger up front and the six of us drove around town for about a half hour. They had the time of their lives and so did I. That's what Jeepin's all about right there. It's about enjoying your God given friends and the God given weather be it sunny and 70 degrees for a cruise or offroading.

I introduced them to death metal by the way. They LOVED it. Listened to Fear Factory.
Wait...3rd row?

And just what age group were they in that you managed to get them into Fear Factory
Old 11-13-2008, 07:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Yep, 3rd row. Just type in Wrangler 3rd row seat in your web browser and you'll see this mod is offered by several manufacturers. I love it and yes, this soccer dad goes offroading.

The passengers were adults, don't worry. Fear Factory would only give children nightmares that stuff's pretty gloomy. "I'm nothing more nothing less than a worthless piece of flesh..." nah you don't want children listening to that kind of stuff.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Always wanted a wrangler, however with 3 chidren, family needs dictated otherwise. Got my first Jeep XJ back in 94, and the experience took over. Got the wife a 99XJ back in late 98, still needed the larger size for the kids, and she loved it. The kids have since grown, however now with 3 grandchildren, a Wrangler was still questionable. When the 07 JK 4dr's came out, both the wife and I agreed it was time to move to one. We traded her 99XJ and never looked back. It was everything her XJ was and more. Better handling, more room, and the grandkids love it in the summer when we remove the top.
For us the 4dr JK was everything we wanted. Just wish it would have been available back when our kids were younger.

Quick Reply: Why did you buy your JK?