Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why did you buy your JK?

Old 11-11-2008, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why did you buy your JK?

I realize that a lot of the folks on this forum have been Jeepers for quite a while, so getting a JK is just kinda carrying on with that, but what about those who are new to Jeeps in general...like me?

I got mine mainly because it was a relatively practical vehicle for my lifestyle. I work in new home construction (siding actually) and have a lot of tools I need to carry around and keep locked up, so the bed of a truck wouldn't work unless I had a top of some sort on it. I was actually looking at getting a new Liberty at first, but then a buddy of mine suggested that I look into a 4dr Wrangler instead. It has (just) enough room for me to cram all my tools in the back and the interior is quite durable and easy to clean, which is good for all the mess I inevitably track in there.

Having a 4x4 was also important for me...I live in Edmonton and the roads can get pretty bad in the winter at times. The overall offroad capability of the JK is just a bonus for me...I've got a good 4x4 now, with high ground clearance which will be great in the winter.

Being totally honest about it, my JK will probably spend 90% of its life on pavement, but it's good to know that I have the capability for that other 10% when I want to go play around. The freedom top is also kind of a bonus to me, since I've never had anything quite like the Jeep, or anything with any sort of sunroof. Now I can take the whole roof off if I want!

So that's kinda my story...why did you buy your JK?
Old 11-11-2008, 06:05 PM
JK Freak

the JK just gives me all i need in a vehicule , FUN
Old 11-11-2008, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Goldorak
the JK just gives me all i need in a vehicule , FUN
Can't argue with that!

I'm still not over the novelty of the fact that what turned out to be a practical vehicle for me is also such a fun one
Old 11-11-2008, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I gave my 17 year old my 1997 truck and had to purchase a new vehicle for myself.
It’s a cool ride to work every day.
It’s totally fun on the weekends.
I get to ride with the doors and top off for 8 months out of the year.
It looks awesome!
Old 11-11-2008, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got one for my wife, she had a 06 Liberty Renegade and we were going to buy a 09 Liberty but fell in love with the JK and got alot more in the JK than we would of with the Liberty. We liked our Liberty but really love the JK.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Freak

the jk gives me a versitile..some what fuel efficient (with some mods of course) SUV..and honestly..i love it. im only 17..sure, but im sure ill have it til it falls apart..
Old 11-11-2008, 07:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by barneskh
I gave my 17 year old my 1997 truck and had to purchase a new vehicle for myself.
It’s a cool ride to work every day.
It’s totally fun on the weekends.
I get to ride with the doors and top off for 8 months out of the year.
It looks awesome!
I can't wait until I can go riding around with the top and doors off! First I need a trailer for all my tools and crap though. Right now I need to keep the hard top on to keep everything locked up. At least I can take the front sections off and have a giant sunroof
Old 11-11-2008, 09:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

i have always liked the wranglers but couldn't see myself in a two door with a family. wish jeep would have had the 4 door sooner
Old 11-12-2008, 02:29 AM
JK Jedi

Needed a replacement for my well-worn TJ, seemed like the obvious choice.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:38 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my JK, because I sold my TJ years ago and quickly regretted it. It took me a while to be in a position to buy another. The Jeeps I buy are for offroad fun. But, of course it's also serves as my regular vehicle. I don't commute to work, so I wouldn't call it a daily driver.

Quick Reply: Why did you buy your JK?