Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Whoa, Skyjacker LOWjacker lowering kit?

Old 11-22-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by indyboy
I don't have my JK done like that... But for for future reference it's " gangsta " not ghetto,if you are going to hate! Hate properly. I Get tired of jeep people putting other jeep people down just because someone wants to do their own thing! If anyone on here has a jeep with this kit, I'd ride out with ya any time. Perfect example of the definition of "HATER" sorry but had to get that off my chest.... Probably the reason I'm not on here much
No sometimes it is ghetto too. I am not going to put down someone that lowers their jeep, but I sure as hell am not going to " ride out " with them. It would be obvious that we don't have much in common. Im sure they would feel the same way about me, and I would have no hard feelings for that. I don't understand the concept of lowering a vehicle that has a history of offroading. I think it was a horrible thing jeep did making a 2wd wrangler. You can call me a HATER and thats ok because I will hate a lowered jeep.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:46 PM
JK Newbie

No worries... I'll drop the race card and leave it at this... Stereotyping people, places, etc. is really not any better. Call it what you will. I wont post again on this particular subject and thank you for your time.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

I don't know why people get mad at a lowering kit , the kit is not made to slam it to the ground , just make it a little lower , say somebody was like 5 foot tall and he. Always wanted a wrangler , but it was too tall at stock height and a couple of inches shorter would work out for him , my wife wants a full size truck , but she doesn't like how tall they are stock for getting in and out and will only get one if I lower it down so it's easier for her to get in and out
Old 11-22-2010, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

The fact you put ride out in quotes says it all...... But you may be surprised how much we have in common. I take my jeep to car shows as well as jeep events and have a great time at both. But I guess I'm a wanna be gangsta so maybe not.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:59 PM
JK Newbie

Lol, you guys are arguing about a bunch of nothing, just a whole lot of misunderstanding in my opinion. Nobody is purposefully racist, but people do have misunderstandings all the time.

Thanks for the support by the way Indyboy. It should be a fun build for sure.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by indyboy
I don't have my JK done like that... But for for future reference it's " gangsta " not ghetto,if you are going to hate! Hate properly. I Get tired of jeep people putting other jeep people down just because someone wants to do their own thing! If anyone on here has a jeep with this kit, I'd ride out with ya any time. Perfect example of the definition of "HATER" sorry but had to get that off my chest.... Probably the reason I'm not on here much
Dude calm down your making more out of this than was intended by the OP. To each their own. I respect everyones opinion and preferences even if they arent my own. IMHO the OP was in no way trying to construe the link in a negative way or trying to intentionally "Hate" anyting. No need to go off on a rant on someone and put down the forum because your angry at how someone chose to call a lowered jeep "ghetto" instead of your suggestion "gangsta". Then imply the OP is a "Hater" in your words. Talk about hypocritical. You like lowered Jeeps and going to Shows with them. Thats great more power to you. But seriously you need to lighten up.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:30 PM
JK Newbie

Let's not hate him for hating "haters" now It's all in good intentions
Old 11-22-2010, 09:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's always gotta come down to race. Call me racist but last time I was driving through the ghetto, not just minority race people lived there. Nothing racist about the word ghetto or gangster. Hate away.

Last edited by highoctane; 11-22-2010 at 10:09 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol

But would it rub at full stuff? ... Hmmm

It's a Jeep; it's not for me though. Those wheels look pretty expensive.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:15 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shockwaveaz

But would it rub at full stuff? ... Hmmm

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk.
Not if you use the proper bumpstops. All 1" of ghettofabulous travel you'd have.

Last edited by highoctane; 11-22-2010 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Whoa, Skyjacker LOWjacker lowering kit?