Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who wants to photoshop and idea I have???

Old 03-20-2009, 07:18 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Who wants to photoshop and idea I have???

Anyone want to photoshop and idea I've got. I'm looking for the rear doors only to be half doors and the front doors full doors the top is a hardtop. I went through the stone white gallery and got some pictures. Hopefully the angles and what not are ok with you photoshop guys. Not looking for perfect, just a rough idea. Here are the pics and thanks in advance.

Old 03-21-2009, 03:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is someone who has done this already but with a soft top, and it looks phenominal IMO. If I can find a set of half doors I would jump all over it. I'm not sure that half doors will work with a hard top. Haven't seen up close how it works but can the soft top uppers clip into place with a hard top on? I'm pretty sure from the factory a hard top is not an option with half doors.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Full doors use door surrounds, right? Do the surrounds stay on with the hard top? If so, then hLf doors with a hard top would work. I have an unlimited with half doors, if anybody wants to donate a hard top to me I will try it and answer your question. I'll even try it out all winter long next year for long term testing!!
Old 03-21-2009, 07:34 AM
JK Freak

There was a photo I recently saw of a 2dr half doors and hard top. At 1st you couldn't get those options but I just built a stone white unlimted rubi and I could choose half doors and a hardtop. I've been debating on getting a 4dr and trading in my 2dr hence the idea I've got. I've posted a few times about building a 4dr and what to do with rear doors. So if I get the 4dr then there will be some work done to the back, such as me making a back top and smoothing out the rear etc...
Old 03-21-2009, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

Default Back half-doors

I have been playing around with the same idea, but with Jeep green instead of white. I found a photo of half doors in back that was previously posted. And thought what would it look like with a modified soft top?

Old 03-21-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Junkie

that is a cool look sweeeeeeet!!!!
Old 03-21-2009, 11:38 AM
JK Freak

thanks gunner, I couldn't find that picture before but I remember it from a thread I was in before. I'll certainly save it this time.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Jeepin try pm'ing Hunter, he was working on building somethign custom with just rear half doors, he may still have the doors and some pics that may help you. He was going back to stock to sell and build a brute.

check out this link for used doors/parts
ww.automotix.net/usedautoparts/2008-jeep-wrangler-rear_door-inventory.html

Last edited by tkob1060; 03-21-2009 at 11:54 AM.

Quick Reply: Who wants to photoshop and idea I have???