Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who owns the Firestone Destination?

Old 07-29-2012, 06:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who owns the Firestone Destination?

I do know that the BFG T/A KO is a good tire, but Tirerack surveys says that Firestone Destination A/T is better.

Is the Firestone really this good, or overhyped?
For those who owns the Destination, is the mileage this good?

Thanks for any info.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:25 AM
JK Freak

If you are looking to get an A/T tire, then look into the Goodyear Duratracs. These tires according to JP magazine got the best rating for an A/T tire. They scored a 3 in sand, rock, rain, and mud got a 4 in snow and ice. Checkout jpmagazine.com and check for yourself this will help in choosing what tire you want.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:31 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JKJA10
If you are looking to get an A/T tire, then look into the Goodyear Duratracs. These tires according to JP magazine got the best rating for an A/T tire. They scored a 3 in sand, rock, rain, and mud got a 4 in snow and ice. Checkout jpmagazine.com and check for yourself this will help in choosing what tire you want.
x2
I run those in the winter and love them only week spot is there sidewall.
If you don't get alot of snow I use to run Mickey Thompson ATZ's and liked them as well now I use Mickey MTZ's in the summer months.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:36 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Destination M/T on my rig. I only have about 5k on them though and love them so far.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:41 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by robsjeep9
x2
I run those in the winter and love them only week spot is there sidewall.
If you don't get alot of snow I use to run Mickey Thompson ATZ's and liked them as well now I use Mickey MTZ's in the summer months.

Agree there sidewall is there weak spot.
Old 07-29-2012, 05:38 PM
JK Newbie

I have the destination mt's and absolutely love them. In the mud they clean out better than most, and on the rocks they grip like crazy. I can only imagine the at's are of equal quality!
Old 07-29-2012, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Destination ATs on my F-150. I have no complaints with the tire. They are decent on the road, but I ave almost no off-roading on them. (Save for a couple of messy, muddy job sites - and they did fine there.) They work well in the snow.

I had the Destination MTs on my LR Discovery and was pleased with how they worked. I would rate them closely to the BFG MT.

Quick Reply: Who owns the Firestone Destination?