Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who let the dogs out.

Old 04-14-2008, 06:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My cat would kick your dog's butt...

Anyways, I tied a rope w/ a clip on the end to each of the back 2 roll bars (2 ropes and 2 clips total). They meet in the same place in the middle of the Jeep, where each is attached to the dog's harness. The dog can't go too far right or too far left, but can still lay down. It works pretty well.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I posted here about how I secure my dog... https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...#37;2C+harness

But here's "copy+paste" from there;

I use the doggy seatbelt harmess and doggy hammock.

PetBuckle (seatbelt harmess): immioutdoors.com/petbuckle I like this one because it's very easy to put it on and off (just like the regular seatbelt and use the clip). You can get it at PetSmart.

I use the seatbelt harness with the climbing rope type leash: ruffwear.com/new_Knot-a-Leash I attatch the leash to the loop thing (middle) in the back of the rear seat using a carabiner.

I got the hammock from Orvis.com (go to: Dogs / On the Road at the left menu).

With this set up, my dog is very secure even without the doors, and she won't fall off from the Jeep. She still be able to move around; lie down, sit up, turn around etc. She won't get tangled with the leash either.
Old 04-14-2008, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just tell my lab, if you jump, I'm not stopping for you.

OK, I do the leash through the center seat latch thing. But I'd like to beleive that my manly pack leadership gives me the edge in controlling her...

Old 04-14-2008, 08:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Moun10eer, those are some great products you linked... I'm guessing by the name and the climbing rope leash that you climb? Rock on. The Gunks are my 'local' stomping grounds, but I'm still a newbie.

Do you combo the harness + doors off + hammock? To secure him in the hammock, I mean, as I assume there are no slots in it for seatbelt slots.

If so, how? I love that hammock, I'm pretty positive my little guy will love it too, but I want to make sure he's secure in that hammock with the doors off!
Old 04-14-2008, 10:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, my dog loves harness + doors off + harmmock combo! I attach the one end of the rope/leash to the metal bracket (middle) which located at the back/behind of the rear seat. it goes around the roll bar. It is very secure even with sharp turn and/or sudden braking... as long as the Jeep won't roll over, she's safe.

Quick Reply: Who let the dogs out.