Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who let the dogs out.

Old 04-11-2008, 05:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who let the dogs out.

Just curious what you 4dr guys are doing about having a dog in the jk with no top?

I have a rambuntious (*sp*) 10 mnth hound that and she likes to explore. I wanna take the top off and have the dog with me. Any suggestions?
Old 04-11-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Junkie

I have dog sat a friends ADD Boston Terrier before. He is brutal with wanting to jump all over everything an look out the side. With the plastic the way it is, not so good with his claws. They showed up with a harness that clips into a seatbelt. So I hook him up into that in the back. Works like a charm. the harness clips in at his shoulder blades. I then take his leash and clip it in there too and run it up around my e brake as a secondary safety device cause he has be known to undo the seatbelt with his paw. Looks a lot like this one:
ruffrider.com/
Cheers

Edit: that Ruff Rider one isnt as nice as the one they have. Do a search on google for "Car Pet Harness", you will find something that suits your needs
Old 04-11-2008, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

I would suggest doing a quick search - on dogs harness or something like that - there are a few threads on this same subject that might help.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was thinking about something like the Raingler nets, but I need smaller holes for the mini doxie. Mine are generally good, but you never know when something will catch thier eye
Old 04-11-2008, 08:16 PM
JK Super Freak

No need to buy anything special, just a regular harness and run the seatbelt through the top of it. They can stand, sit, or lay down. I do this when going on the interstate or when I have the doors off.

Old 04-12-2008, 04:33 AM
JK Junkie

mmm wet huskies in the back of the jeep......lol....
Old 04-12-2008, 01:04 PM
mt3
JK Enthusiast

Default i love these

Guardian Gear Dog Safety Harness

$3.99-$7.99 .... includes harness and selt belt attachment .... CLICKS RIGHT INTO THE SELTBELT IN THE CAR!

i pm'd you a link
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-1.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	7908  
Old 04-12-2008, 03:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

That guardian gear harness looks perfect!

Thanks for the heads up! The little man will be able to come cruising with the doors off after all!
Old 04-12-2008, 03:43 PM
JK Super Freak

Well with no doors and safari top on this Friday the wife just held the dog in her lap. Me I'm not taking that little half Chiuhaha half Dachund anywhere without her. He is a small dog although he has a heart of gold that can't jump into the jeep by himself and I am not picking him up because a real dog can jump that high.

He can make it sometimes but has back problems and on a bad day can't even make it to the lap. I will most likely rig something to the center rear seat belt for going to get the girls when the wife goes mback to work. He likes the ride even more witht he doors off than on.
Old 04-13-2008, 12:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

We all know bigger dogs are more manly, but my little guy is still my little man! Besides, everyone knows- it ain't the size of the dog in the fight... but the size of the fight in the dog!

Mine is small, but no one told him that! Besides, as long as you're not a cat person, you're fine in my book, no matter how froofy your pooch is!

Quick Reply: Who let the dogs out.