Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who have a 4X2 Wrangler JK ?

Old 09-22-2009, 04:37 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigback
Check out this thread. Some are pretty modded.
Very interesting thread thanks!

I don't know what to think about that

It is true that if you don't use your Jeep off-road, why paying for the 4X4 option?!?!

But also, I think that the name "JEEP" is a legend. And, 4X2 is not very good for the reputation of this legend

Last edited by Yoda; 09-22-2009 at 04:43 AM.
Old 09-22-2009, 07:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Dex1
Driving a 2 wheel drive jeep is like sleeping with a fat chick,,,,, It's all fun and games until someone finds out!!!!!
You said it brother !!!
Old 09-22-2009, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

Well I don't post much but I own a 2wd. I wanted the Jeep for the ability to take the tops off and cruise around. I live in a beach community in FL and don't have any friends who would be mudding around with me anyway. It's my daily driver and I don't need to break my dd to run through some puddles. I would like to play around with a 4wd but wouldn't do it enough to justify the expense.
Old 09-22-2009, 08:15 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by hokie x
Well I don't post much but I own a 2wd. I wanted the Jeep for the ability to take the tops off and cruise around. I live in a beach community in FL and don't have any friends who would be mudding around with me anyway. It's my daily driver and I don't need to break my dd to run through some puddles. I would like to play around with a 4wd but wouldn't do it enough to justify the expense.
Hey Thanks for the post Hokie x !

Even if you're 2wd, you are welcome in this forum. Don't hesitate to share with us
Old 09-23-2009, 09:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LaxAHolic
i live in georgia....pretty sure thats not accurate.
Originally Posted by AU94
I think he meant SUV's in general, not necessarily Wranglers. And in that case the statement is accurate. At my Jeep dealer only the Wranglers are 4wd. All of the Grand Cherokee's and Liberty's are 2wd.

I also bought a Ram from them a few years ago and they had 1 4wd. It is the same at other dealers here as well. No 4wd Tahoe's, Pathfinders etc. Heck even a 4wd Xterra was hard to find last time I looked, which has been a few years admittedly.

Some of the more arrogant dealers around here will tell you you don't need 4wd, which for the soccer mom's Tahoe is true, but don't try to sell me a 2wd Wrangler.

Maybe its different in Augusta.
Yeah, that's what I said and meant. I sold cars in Atlanta for along time, this is definitely true. Our Jeep store sold more 2wd Grand Cherokees in '07 and '08 than and dealership in the country.

Lol, when I was trying to find an Offroad model 4wd Xterra, I couldn't find one in GA.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Freedom
that the name "JEEP" is a legend. And, 4X2 is not very good for the reputation of this legend
Jeep has been building 2wd Jeeps for many, many decades.

Quick Reply: Who have a 4X2 Wrangler JK ?