Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who gets to keep the Jeep after a divorce? What dies every one think?

Old 07-20-2013, 06:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by idiotec
I think we need a divorced bastards trail run
Lol I just might get one just to get in on that.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:00 PM
JK Newbie

I still have the jeep for another month.
Old 07-20-2013, 07:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jassycris
I still have the jeep for another month.
And you haven't traded it and the Malibu in on another one and telling the Judge you "bought this one.. His was stolen.."?
Old 07-20-2013, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

I love this JK forum...just never know what thread ur gonna come across next!!

Jazzycris, so sorry for what ur going thru. I've been there done that too and although no jeeps were involved, 2 kids were. But as many have said, all worked out for the best in the end...I remarried (this time a jeepster!;-)) and my girls are thriving! Surely ull be back on ur feet in no time Nd back in a jeep, as soon as u can!!

For what it's worth, this post has helped me decide on a tire cover cuz I was wavering on a few. I'm going with: One Life..Live It!!

Happy trails y'all!!
Old 07-21-2013, 04:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK4Nat

For what it's worth, this post has helped me decide on a tire cover cuz I was wavering on a few. I'm going with: One Life..Live It!!

Happy trails y'all!!
Glad to be of service.. I'll send you my bill..
Old 07-21-2013, 07:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by TokenMSJ

Glad to be of service.. I'll send you my bill..
Cha-Ching!;-)
Old 07-21-2013, 09:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jassycris
I def. for a good laugh from this!
Glad I could help 👍hang in there. It'll get easier
Old 07-22-2013, 07:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I thought about taking my ex on a trail run even though there was a chance the passenger seat belt might fail while we were on a hill... >_>. But that plan fell through when she couldn't even climb in my Jeep cause of her weight.

As for my divorce, I didn't have to worry about losing my JK. I saw the divorce coming long before and transferred the titled into a friends name so it couldn't even be an issue. She got my little Chevy Colorado which had just as many issues as she has. I think they were made for each other.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:43 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Count me in. I'm sure there are a few more Jeepers on here that can attest to being Divorced. We can all Camp out make a huge bonfire and tell stories how we escaped the clutches of...

"XXXXX"<--- insert name here.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:44 PM
JK Newbie

Plenty of good thoughts expressed here, despite a little squabbling. I would add my 2 cents regarding the comment by the soon-to-be ex about how a Jeep isn't practical for a Mom, and that is this: it can be argued that an older 2dr is not a safe/smart vehicle for a mother and a kid, sure. And I'm looking from the point of view of a judge who is just your average joe and not a Jeeper. But your JK is a newer unlimited, and therefore is suited just fine. Plenty of them (don't hate me, its just about proving a point) are soccermom rides. Plus, the 4x4 is added security in an adverse situation/nasty weather, as compared to the malibu. That argument would fly just fine in a divorce because you can back it up. You need a safe, capable vehicle to make sure your child is well protected. Is the mailbu safe? Sure. Capable? Probably, for nice roads and pretty conditions. Now, I don't know where Porterville is, but if its in snow country, the Jeep is far more capable than the malibu, in a purely practical average joe sense. Because the average person just simply equates 4x4 with safety in bad conditions.

So his remark about how the malibu suits better, is bull$#!+. IMHO. I call selfishness on his part.

Fight if you need to girl. Don't give in or give up. You need to stand up for yourself, because that will start out this next chapter of your life on better footing. It sounds like you gave and gave while he took. Its time for you to take some back.

Good luck, and Jeep-love to you from all of us here.

Quick Reply: Who gets to keep the Jeep after a divorce? What dies every one think?