Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who gets to keep the Jeep after a divorce? What dies every one think?

Old 07-20-2013, 02:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassycris
Thanks for the advice. Didn't intend to get legal or relationship advice here. Will stick to Jeep parts, and Jeep issues in the future. Best of look with your divorce. Congrats on keeping the Jeep!
Apologies for the earlier comments I made. I should have rephrased to come across less negatively. PM sent.

Good luck with everything. I sincerely hope everything works out well for you and there is a nice Jeep in your future.
Old 07-20-2013, 02:12 PM
JK Newbie

Lol good lord people or jeople just chill out. Why is everybody so sensitive all of a sudden.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:13 PM
JK Freak

Who would of thought such a discussion would take place on a Jeep forum

One word. Oooooommmmmm

Life is about the present moment. Enjoy it
Old 07-20-2013, 03:31 PM
JK Newbie

Ha ha. I am not usually a keyboard warrior, but I don't take kindly to unfounded insults (even on a forum). No hard feelings. I hope everyone has a good weekend. Yes, even you Rednroll.
Old 07-20-2013, 03:40 PM
Super Moderator

Received 209 Likes on 183 Posts

Yep, sorry I didn't reach out to you ahead of time and check to see what I should or shouldn't write on a Jeep forum. It's great having people on this forum like yourself to keep us all on the straight and narrow and be able to inform us of the things we should and shouldn't post on this forum. In fact, I like your advise so much I'm highly considering moving to communist China. I hear they have a lot of people there also who try to dictate what you can and can't say.
Old 07-20-2013, 04:02 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rednroll
Yep, sorry I didn't reach out to you ahead of time and check to see what I should or shouldn't write on a Jeep forum. It's great having people on this forum like yourself to keep us all on the straight and narrow and be able to inform us of the things we should and shouldn't post on this forum. In fact, I like your advise so much I'm highly considering moving to communist China. I hear they have a lot of people there also who try to dictate what you can and can't say.
To be fair. There are a lot of people in China. (Thousands maybe?). But very few are the ones who dictate.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

As far as looking for a companion.. It will most definitely be a while. 9 yrs and now 26... My first step will be to get financially stable, the jeep then someone that had the same interest in as me. The one that " I can't live without" thank you for the encouragement. In a point in my life were I need it!
Financially stable.. That's funny.. I gave up on that idea at least 15 years ago.. You can spend your life preparing to live or you can just live and enjoy it.. Folks keep trying to push more responsibility on me at work and I keep trying to find ways to get out from under part of what I have now.... I keep telling 'em "Nah, I'm good, cuts to much into what little free time I have now." Last time raises rolled around they told me what raise they were going to give me... I countered with keeping my pay the same and getting an extra 2 weeks of vacation instead.. They didn't like that idea even though it would have cost them less..
Old 07-20-2013, 05:10 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the advice. Didn't intend to get legal or relationship advice here. Will stick to Jeep parts, and Jeep issues in the future. Best of look with your divorce. Congrats on keeping the Jeep!
Your question was valid. Don't let anyone stop you from posting. There are thousands of people here, so thousands of opinions. Negative opinions often get expressed.

I got the Jeep in my divorce. It was a pretty easy division in my case as far as vehicles though. I don't know much about your case, but I would hazard a guess that you didn't fight hard enough. I fought hard in my divorce and came out well. (I would have preferred it be amicable, but since she wasn't going to let that happen...)

Keep heart. Things will turn around.
Old 07-20-2013, 05:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

One bit of advice I can give you is. Even if your the one that wants out fight hard despite wanting to keep things amicable. I went the "Keep the peace" route and it bit me in the ass. I wanted out so bad I cut my arm off in spite of my hand. I gave her what she wanted at first and then had to take her back to court a 2nd time to get my child support dropped from $700 a month for 1 kid to $500 and she makes more money than I do...

There is something about the court system if your a woman you have an advantage. Because they don't want to take a child from a mother.

All in all even though I got shafted. My life is a lot better than it was. I have a new Jeep with tons of mods and money in the bank for vacations and retirement.
Old 07-20-2013, 06:51 PM
JK Freak

I think we need a divorced bastards trail run

Quick Reply: Who gets to keep the Jeep after a divorce? What dies every one think?