Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who buys the 2wd JK's?

Old 12-05-2008, 07:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just envy

They seem like good purchases to me!
Old 12-05-2008, 07:50 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ranwitscissorz, don't let it get to you. No matter what you buy, someone will criticize you. I had my dream Harley once and it was actually the baseline Sporster; for whatever reason that particular model was the one that I loved. Half the time I got crap for riding "a woman's bike," or "not a real Harley," and half the time I was praised for riding a sick bike. I surf a board of modern material and the board is totally perfect for me, but half of the surfing community tells me it's not a real board and therefore I'm not a real surfer (despite the manufacturer being a local Santa Cruz company); I couldn't care less and it's funny when someone drops in on me and I beat a section and burn them right back. Lol tell me I'm not a real surfer if I can beat a section and THEN burn you hahaha yeah okay I suck Hahaha too funny. So I drive a 4 door Unltd. and half the Jeep community will tell me it's not a real Jeep; whatever I don't care. You drive a 4x2 and half the Jeep community will tell you it's not a real Jeep. Don't care it's not worth it. People are starving in China, whether your Jeep is "real" is a non issue. Your Jeep looks good to me dude.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Junkie

Don't forget that 2wd Jeeps create jobs for the Dub industry

Last edited by falconfixer; 08-11-2009 at 05:21 PM.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:20 AM
JK Freak

I'm sorry you think that, but I don't think anywhere in any of my posts, comments, or pictures have I said or implied I'm a hardcore offroader. I purchased what I did for my Jeep so that I could use it for certain utilities that involve my job and my free time. I apologize that you feel my jeep makes you think that I'm posing into your territory. Instead of delving so deep in my post history, pictures, and mods, and stick to your own, you will probably not be so worried about my jeep.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's keep this thread from being a series of personal attacks and insults. This thread has been spiraling downhill and let's not get to that level or I will close this thread.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:34 AM
JK Super Freak

falconfixer333 that is not a Dub. I recently learned from my black female friend that a Dub is a rim that is within the 20 inch margin, because a Dub is also a 20 dollar bill. In that picture, you have what is called a Donk. A Donk is a wheel with rims that are 30 inches and above where you have to lift the vehicle to fit it. I will now post a picture of Donks, but be warned, they are extremely ridiculous and almost offensive. So, behold...this is a classic example of a Donk:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keiva/1122100715/

And in case you're wondering, when the Donk is sporting a vehicle with a round top, it's called a bubble, like the one you see here. If it's square, it's a box. Henceforth, the pic you posted of the Jeep with rims would correctly be referred to as a "Box Donk." We live in a very strange world.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Geezle
Seriously?
It might be cheaper to buy an old beater 4x4 1-ton and a 2wd jk and swap in all the 1-ton 4x4 running gear as opposed to buying a normal 4x4 jeep then upgrading later on...I dont have any desire to sit down and do the math but you can find old 1-tons for 1K>
Old 12-05-2008, 11:10 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by spartan99
falconfixer333 that is not a Dub. I recently learned from my black female friend that a Dub is a rim that is within the 20 inch margin, because a Dub is also a 20 dollar bill. In that picture, you have what is called a Donk. A Donk is a wheel with rims that are 30 inches and above where you have to lift the vehicle to fit it. I will now post a picture of Donks, but be warned, they are extremely ridiculous and almost offensive. So, behold...this is a classic example of a Donk:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/keiva/1122100715/

And in case you're wondering, when the Donk is sporting a vehicle with a round top, it's called a bubble, like the one you see here. If it's square, it's a box. Henceforth, the pic you posted of the Jeep with rims would correctly be referred to as a "Box Donk." We live in a very strange world.
Thanks... I feel like I learned something today!
Old 12-05-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Super Freak

I had a different reaction when I learned about this Donk thing. I felt confused, bewildered, even slightly saddened about what this means about the direction of humanity.

Sorry I'm hijacking the thread. I've had too much coffee and could type for miles.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

You only lost 10 minutes? I lost 20 and still don't get the difference...

Jeeper equals 4x4 only

Jeeper equals offroad only

Jeeper equals a state of mind

Jeeper equals Rubi owners only

Jeeper equals yellow only (I know that was funny, but funny enough to repeat)

This is a complete waste of bytes.

Quick Reply: Who buys the 2wd JK's?