Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who buys the 2wd JK's?

Old 12-03-2008, 05:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by putnam dan
I am not a Jeeper, that to me just sounds like something immature.

I'm a outdoor enthusiast and off-road driver.
Thats a professional off-road driver.

How to use a Jeep?
Old 12-03-2008, 05:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

This whole thread is just dumb. Who cares if fellow members of JK-forum are driving 2wd Wranglers. Has anyone thought maybe it is what that person could afford and even though they wanted the fully loaded Jeep, they didn't want to break the bank? I would love to have a lift, a hemi, rims, a Corvette for sunny weekends, a 10 car garage, etc. Come on people, grow up and stop with the stupidity of "you're not a Jeeper if you have 2wd". Point is, we are all members therefore we all have a common interest of Jeep Wranglers. Don't waste our time bringing negativity to this board.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by TommyG
This whole thread is just dumb. Who cares if fellow members of JK-forum are driving 2wd Wranglers. Has anyone thought maybe it is what that person could afford and even though they wanted the fully loaded Jeep, they didn't want to break the bank? I would love to have a lift, a hemi, rims, a Corvette for sunny weekends, a 10 car garage, etc. Come on people, grow up and stop with the stupidity of "you're not a Jeeper if you have 2wd". Point is, we are all members therefore we all have a common interest of Jeep Wranglers. Don't waste our time bringing negativity to this board.
WELL SAID
Old 12-03-2008, 06:41 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I drive a 2-wheel drive Jeep most of the time until I flick that lever....
Old 12-03-2008, 06:42 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by armycop
I drive a 2-wheel drive Jeep most of the time until I flick that lever....
You are on fire tonight!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your mom is on fire tonight...

(if you think that comment was dumb read the rest of this thread)
Old 12-04-2008, 01:14 AM
JK Freak

Has anyone thought maybe it is what that person could afford and even though they wanted the fully loaded Jeep, they didn't want to break the bank?
Um, post #49...2wd JK's can cost MORE than 4wd JK's.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
I had one prior to this 4x4 I have now. At the time I was thinking that I would never really need 4wd cause we live in the south so rarely any ice. Well I had a bunch of problems with the top and got rid of it. But for the most part I enjoyed it. Jeep opened up to a whole new market of people with the 2wd. Dare I say "soccer moms" that like the look of a convertible SUV but not really needing the 4wd aspect of it. just my .02 cents.
I have to agree although I don't think I would ever buy one without 4wd. I could easily see how people would. For those whom are not into 4wheelin or into cars/trucks etc. It is simply a cool convertible SUV...before the JK Unlimited it was a convertible beach buggy...to some. We can insult those thousands of soccer moms on the road driving JK's or those jackasses who don't wave back at you cuz they have no clue why your waving (they didn't even let you go ahead of them?!?) but the sad reality is that without those soccer moms and non jeeps wavers, there would probably be NO Jeep. Or at least if there was still a Jeep without them it wouldn't be what it is today which is true to it's roots. They would have done what ford tried to do with the Mustang in 1987 (and so the front wheel drive 4 cyl ford probe was born).

I personally see nothing wrong with a person buying a wrangler because you want a cool inexpensive convertible to have some fun with ON ROAD..I grew up in NYC and still live here and thats what the wrangler always was to me growing up. Until I got my JK I had no idea that this world even existed. And I too got my 4dr JK for every reason other then off roading. But I have since been introduced to a new hobby thanks to my jeep and I love it. But since no rain or snow today and it looks like we are gonna hit a high of 50degrees today I'm gonna spin the tires all the way to the office in my new Hemi Challenger RT...can't wait to hear those exhaust pipes, grip the pistol grip and dump the clutch .....geez my neighbors must absolutly hate me...ehhhhh
Who Cares!!
Old 12-04-2008, 10:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wrnglrguy
Um, post #49...2wd JK's can cost MORE than 4wd JK's.
The key word in that is can, mine was nearly $8k cheaper than the lowest priced 4x4 I could find.

I would of loved a Rubicon or a 4x4, but I couldn't justify the price difference for the amount of utility I would get out of for the life of the jeep.

Last edited by ranwitscissorz; 12-04-2008 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by trick50
I'm gonna spin the tires all the way to the office in my new Hemi Challenger RT...can't wait to hear those exhaust pipes, grip the pistol grip and dump the clutch .....geez my neighbors must absolutly hate me...ehhhhh
Who Cares!!
See there is another point. I agree with your other statements about the cost but for some (me at the time) even a couple of grand more for the 4x4 just can't be stretched. Now if you got money enough for a 4x4 and a Hemi Challenger RT then all is good. Hope to be there some day but Firemen don't get paid all that much.

Quick Reply: Who buys the 2wd JK's?