Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who buys the 2wd JK's?

Old 12-03-2008, 08:58 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
That's cool, didn't mean to imply that you couldn't take one off-road, I was simply saying since most Jeeps never leave the payment, 2WD would be fine for many of these people. Just curious though, what kinds of trails are you doing that don't have rocks, hills, or mud? Other than the added traction of 4X4, the low-range is a big deal for the kind of stuff I enjoy doing.
Yeah, Florida doesn't have any rocks or hills. We do get mud, but like someone else stated, that is in the rainy season.

Originally Posted by ChevyM14
so you you have any photos of you Jeep useing all of the stuff you add to it so you can off road better?
Yes, there are quite a few in my gallery, check it out.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont care for the 4x2. But they have their place in the market. Look at it like this. If Jeep sells more Wranglers to soccer moms, families, etc. The bottom line is stronger creating jobs and keeping Jeep in business. Right now the big three automakers are going under faster then Titanic.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:25 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by MaloCS
I just wouldn't call myself a "Jeeper" if I didn't use the Jeep for what it was designed to do.
Wierd, I thought Jeeps were designed to get people and things from Point A to Point B, like most other forms of transportation, I guess some of us aren't using it for that purpose? :confused:

edit

Your contradicting yourself, maybe you should re-read your original statement and you'll see why some of us are seeing it as hostile. Your statement makes it appear that you are special and that term is only used for you and people accepted into your club. I think most people on this forum would consider a Jeeper anyone who enjoys Jeeps, owns one, and loves what comes with one - not someone who lives your particular version of a lifestyle and has to have 4x4, it almost borders on biggotry.

A 2 wheel drive Jeep is an oxymoron and a person that drives a 2WD Jeep should not be considered a Jeeper.
Again, there's nothing wrong with owning and driving a 2WD Jeep but in my opinion, the vast majority of people that do don't share the same philosophies as the "Jeeper" that gets out there and does their thing.

Last edited by ranwitscissorz; 12-03-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

I think your post speek for you. I could not find one post of you Jeep off road or of you talking about useing you jeep off road.

Originally Posted by ranwitscissorz
Here's my mall crawler, no action shots climbing concrete barriers.

Its rainy season in Florida, it gets washed everyday.
The most offroad my jeep would like to see, would be beach sand and light mud.
Like I said, I'm not looking to do major offroad, I bought the jeep for utility and convertible, but I want it to look good too
Old 12-03-2008, 12:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

defkon, You are a Jeeper in my book. you go offroading, take the doors off, put the top down . even light off roading is good, even if you walk or ride a bike into the woods. it is the type of person we are talking about, not what you do with your truck.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Geezle
Maybe this is where my thinking is different. I live up in the great white North, and even if I don't take it off road a lot, I really like the idea of having the 4x4 for those sketchy winter times when I may need it.

Like SFD1248, I live in the Deep South (We did have one freeze warning last year where they closed the elevated roads) so I do not know how to drive on ice or snow. However, if snow & ice on the road is your concern, wouldn't you be better off getting one of those the full-time AWD vehicles?

I can vouch that SFD1248 seems to be happy he bumped up to the 4WD once traded in the lemon 2WD. Those jeep trails in Gilmer, TX are fun!

...Oh, and MY definition of a Jeeper is someone who drives a YELLOW 4DR Jeep with the top & doors off... So most of you are not Jeepers by my definition.

Last edited by YellowToy; 12-03-2008 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:50 PM
JK Freak

I think your post speek for you. I could not find one post of you Jeep off road or of you talking about useing you jeep off road.
I don't get your point? If you'd like I can go down an unpaved trail beside my house and take a picture for you?
Old 12-03-2008, 03:25 PM
JK Freak

defkon, You are a Jeeper in my book. you go offroading, take the doors off, put the top down . even light off roading is good, even if you walk or ride a bike into the woods. it is the type of person we are talking about, not what you do with your truck.

LOL thanks.
However the jeep there is mine and not my wife's. Mine is 4x4, hers is the 4x2, but they do look the same though. Although every offroad pic you see mine in, my wife has gone there as well.

Here is a better pic

Old 12-03-2008, 04:16 PM
JK Freak

Just looked on Jeep's website, and what is amazing to me, is that you can actually spend MORE on a 2wd than a 4wd, depending on the options. That, I don't get.

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/vsmc/vehic...Code=CUJ200907
Old 12-03-2008, 04:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by YellowToy
Like SFD1248, I live in the Deep South (We did have one freeze warning last year where they closed the elevated roads) so I do not know how to drive on ice or snow. However, if snow & ice on the road is your concern, wouldn't you be better off getting one of those the full-time AWD vehicles?

I can vouch that SFD1248 seems to be happy he bumped up to the 4WD once traded in the lemon 2WD. Those jeep trails in Gilmer, TX are fun!

...Oh, and MY definition of a Jeeper is someone who drives a YELLOW 4DR Jeep with the top & doors off... So most of you are not Jeepers by my definition.
Thanks for the props Craig. If it gets icy this winter we will be ready. Now just need to get a weekend off so we can go back to Gilmer

Quick Reply: Who buys the 2wd JK's?