Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who buys the 2wd JK's?

Old 12-01-2008, 07:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who buys the 2wd JK's?

Seriously?
Old 12-01-2008, 07:35 PM
JK Freak

Lots of people do. I really like them. One of the guys in our group has one and it works awsome.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:36 PM
JK Freak

My bad...........I read 2 DOOR JK's. Sorry.

However, the guys at Petersen's 4Wheel magazine bought one and put the body on a Cummins powerd Dodge truck. That's a cool looking rig.
Old 12-01-2008, 07:54 PM
JK Super Freak

I had one prior to this 4x4 I have now. At the time I was thinking that I would never really need 4wd cause we live in the south so rarely any ice. Well I had a bunch of problems with the top and got rid of it. But for the most part I enjoyed it. Jeep opened up to a whole new market of people with the 2wd. Dare I say "soccer moms" that like the look of a convertible SUV but not really needing the 4wd aspect of it. just my .02 cents.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:06 AM
JK Jedi

If you want a cool looking, convertable SUV for a strictly on-road vehicle then I guess it serves a purpose. Personally I require 4X4.
Old 12-02-2008, 03:17 AM
JK Freak

I have one, I like it.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by whtIwrk4
My bad...........I read 2 DOOR JK's. Sorry.

However, the guys at Petersen's 4Wheel magazine bought one and put the body on a Cummins powerd Dodge truck. That's a cool looking rig.
I guess it makes sense if you're going to gut it anyway
Old 12-02-2008, 04:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SFD1248Unlimited
I had one prior to this 4x4 I have now. At the time I was thinking that I would never really need 4wd cause we live in the south so rarely any ice
Maybe this is where my thinking is different. I live up in the great white North, and even if I don't take it off road a lot, I really like the idea of having the 4x4 for those sketchy winter times when I may need it.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by pearl-drum-man
If you want a cool looking, convertable SUV for a strictly on-road vehicle then I guess it serves a purpose. Personally I require 4X4.
My wife's 2WD goes offroad all the time. We hit the trail almost every weekend. So I really don't see how it is a "strictly on-road vehicle". I get a kick out of it seeing how well it does. As long as it doesn't hit mud she hasn't gotten stuck. I also get a kick out of knowing that she hits the trails more then a lot of 4X4's do. Makes me smile. I also know a lot of people in FL that have the 2WD one and also take it off road. We have no rocks or hills here, and most of the time I even spend on the trail I do not need my 4WD.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by defkon
My wife's 2WD goes offroad all the time. We hit the trail almost every weekend. So I really don't see how it is a "strictly on-road vehicle". I get a kick out of it seeing how well it does. As long as it doesn't hit mud she hasn't gotten stuck. I also get a kick out of knowing that she hits the trails more then a lot of 4X4's do. Makes me smile. I also know a lot of people in FL that have the 2WD one and also take it off road. We have no rocks or hills here, and most of the time I even spend on the trail I do not need my 4WD.
I guess the definition of offroad varies from person to person. When I mean offroad I mean no road at all

Quick Reply: Who buys the 2wd JK's?