Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Old 07-27-2011, 11:14 AM
bkw
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My WTF moment wasnt necessarily on the Jeep, but on my self instead.

While under the Jeep trying to 'ease' the muffler off, the damn can fell on my face and broke my front tooth.

If you havent had a root canal performed on your front teeth, then you really havent lived yet
Old 07-27-2011, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bkw
My WTF moment wasnt necessarily on the Jeep, but on my self instead.

While under the Jeep trying to 'ease' the muffler off, the damn can fell on my face and broke my front tooth.

If you havent had a root canal performed on your front teeth, then you really havent lived yet
Not as dramatic but a ratchet to the forehead removing the front bumper can leave a mark.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

While attaching side armor rails, I dropped a decent size wrench and it busted my lower lip. Good times...
Old 07-27-2011, 12:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not a mod, but when installing the soft-top for the first time, I was tightening a torx bolt when the bit fell off and went straight down the pillar behind the drivers seat. I then disassembled the plastic pieces only to find out that it went all the way to the rocker-panel, which had no access. Occasionally, when I hit a bump, I hear it rattle!
Old 07-27-2011, 01:17 PM
DJR
JK Enthusiast

Well not on the 2011 (yet), but did have nice F-up on my YJ. It was time to take the hard top off and get the soft top on for summer. One of the windshield screws was stripped so a neighbor told me to drill into it. So I put my entire 6'2 230 lb body into it and in slow motion I watched as the drill bit snapped and I put the drill through the front windshield. If that was on film I would have won the $100,000 on AFV...
Old 07-27-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Not in my jeep, but had the top blow off while going down the road at 40..the mess-up on the mod was thinking duct-tape would fix it temporarily. Nope..
Old 07-27-2011, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We need to keep this going - I'm crying here.
Old 07-27-2011, 01:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by danmojo82
Mine was while I was drilling the circles out of the hood for my AEV snorkel. Drilled the pilot hole, stuck on the hole saw with the pilot bit in the hole and started going, about 10 seconds into the pilot bit snapped and the hole saw took it upon itself to move like a wheel down the left side of my hood. Giving me a nice 2 inch gash on the hood where nothing is being cut off.

This in my main fear to this modification... Not sure I would do it myself for this exact reason
Old 07-27-2011, 01:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the "torex bit" rattle in my pillar as well.

And, while trying to install my rails I was pulling on the wrench and it came off giving me an awesome shiner. People thought my husband beat me for weeks.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:03 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of the first mods I did was install mirror relocation brackets, moving the mirrors onto the window frame. The good thing about them is that they prevent an unstrapped door from hitting and denting the hood. The downside is that the door will still swing and hit the mirror if left unstrapped.
I took the Jeep to the garage one day after just putting the doors back on and I realized after I left the garage that I'd forgotten to strap the driver's door.

Sure 'nuff, when I went to collect the Jeep, the door was scuffed from where it had been left to swing against the mirror.

Luckily for me I rarely put the doors on anyway.

Quick Reply: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot