Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Old 07-27-2011, 03:40 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine was installing the @&$€ŁĄ# Or-Fab tire carrier. You have to drill 6 holes in the body for various attachments...let's just say I have 1 or 2 extra ventilation spots.
Old 07-27-2011, 04:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mounted the high lift on my hood, (with the lift point that sticks out facing the windshield) and didn't give it a second thought. Few days later went to open my hood, ended up pressing the lift point into the cowl panel crushing it...DOH!!
Old 07-27-2011, 04:55 AM
JK Newbie

Did the mirror dent and the wiper scratch on the hood in the same day.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i've done the dimple mod. I somewhat regret spraying the tail gate with (bedliner/undercoating) as it just scratches off. Also the ARR CB antenna mount
Old 07-27-2011, 05:51 AM
JK Super Freak

My super-smart hockey puck tailgate opener mod which left dimples in the body and the tailgate.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Like many others... I have that trademark dimple from the door swinging open
Old 07-27-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome idea for a thread!!

It seems to me SOMEONE should be coming in here and mentioning any number of electrical mods. There are a lot of people who start splicing without knowing much about electricity / the electrical components of their rig and end up with dead jeeps.

I've been pretty lucky. In fact, the only thing that drives me nuts isn't a mode per say - I bought a new bumper when mine was hit. I lower the passenger seat and let the guy who I bought it from throw it in. Of course he wasn't gentle and there is a big scratch smear on my passenger air bag.

Drives me nuts every time I look at it.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think I have ever done a mod with out a hick-up. My lift was the only thing that I did right the first time. Put on the tires my jack broke when the jeep was lifted, it didn't fall but no matter which way you spun the handle it won't coming down I had to drain the fluid. The next mod that went sour was the windshield lights. I went to put it on and the company sent me 2 right windshield brackets. When I called 4wheelparts they though I was actually talking about the light it self and told me they were universal... After about a week of arguing I got a phone call from mbrp themselves sayin they would fix the situation. Another mess up was my mirror relocation kit one of the items that goes in the door to fill the old spot they never threaded so the bolt wouldn't go in. And even yesterday I thought I could take my gas tank skid off to Sand off the rust and por-15 it. But found out the hard way that the skid is the only thing holding up tank oops. I'm sure there is more that I can't think of at the moment. This thread is a nice place to vent. Thanks
Old 07-27-2011, 08:44 AM
JK Super Freak

I've been pretty lucky with my mods so far. No major Fubars, at least ones that last past the work-phase.

My biggest pet peave is loose nuts and bolts. I have a habit of leaving them on the garage floor when I take them off and end up kicking them into a black hole somewhere. I did that to my horn nut - can't find the friggin thing so I put a coarse thread nut I found in my tool-box and cross-threaded it on. The horn's now held in place with a cross-threaded nut and a zip tie

Last edited by ChryslerChris; 07-27-2011 at 12:42 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 10:03 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by "Kyle.....
And even yesterday I thought I could take my gas tank skid off to Sand off the rust and por-15 it. But found out the hard way that the skid is the only thing holding up tank oops. I'm sure there is more that I can't think of at the moment. This thread is a nice place to vent. Thanks
I must give credit where credit is due...Kyle and the skidplate was the inspiration for "whiskey tango foxtrot"

Check is in the mail Kyle

Last edited by Notakar; 07-27-2011 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot