Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Old 07-26-2011, 02:36 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Okay - What was your biggest f-up on a Mod? What would you suggest that fellow jeepers NOT try to do, or at least be careful if your gonna try it.

Mine's not to bad, but be careful disconnecting the hoses when relocating the evap canister. I broke the white plastic part, luckily it broke in a fashion that a little epoxy fixed it with no codes.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:54 PM
JK Super Freak

Mine was while I was drilling the circles out of the hood for my AEV snorkel. Drilled the pilot hole, stuck on the hole saw with the pilot bit in the hole and started going, about 10 seconds into the pilot bit snapped and the hole saw took it upon itself to move like a wheel down the left side of my hood. Giving me a nice 2 inch gash on the hood where nothing is being cut off.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Notakar
Okay - What was your biggest f-up on a Mod? What would you suggest that fellow jeepers NOT try to do, or at least be careful if your gonna try it.

Mine's not to bad, but be careful disconnecting the hoses when relocating the evap canister. I broke the white plastic part, luckily it broke in a fashion that a little epoxy fixed it with no codes.
Me too.... it was a trick hose...
Old 07-26-2011, 05:22 PM
JK Freak

Bump - I know you guys have screwed up more than this
Old 07-26-2011, 05:28 PM
JK Freak

I feel like I always scratch paint every time I do anything. The one that bothers me the most is when I first mounted my CB radio, I put it beside my right left on the center console. Hated that spot, so I moved it above the rearview mirror and now there's holes in that little panel by my leg It drives me insane.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

It's not really a mod but I picked my car up last Thanksgiving weekend after waiting 2 months for it to arrive. First thing I did when I got it home was pull the doors. I removed the strap and the door swung open against the Jeep. Mirror left a baseball sized dent just under the windshield. This was within a half hour of leaving the dealership.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:39 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Langhorne
It's not really a mod but I picked my car up last Thanksgiving weekend after waiting 2 months for it to arrive. First thing I did when I got it home was pull the doors. I removed the strap and the door swung open against the Jeep. Mirror left a baseball sized dent just under the windshield. This was within a half hour of leaving the dealership.
That is a mod - In fact like you its is the first Mod many jeeper do...

It's called the "dimple mod" - tough luck, but a lot of guys do it..so often that some people probably think its a factory option

I've avoided it by a quarter of an inch on a number of occasions
Old 07-26-2011, 10:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

I tried to put my doors back on, at 3am, while drunk. Does that count?
Old 07-26-2011, 11:33 PM
JK Freak

Haven't read this one but for some reason I had the windshield wipers up, I think I was adjusting my windshield lights and I went to check something under the hood, well I lift the hood up and I feel something catch so I push a little harder and then AH SHIT! rolls through my mind. I let the hood down and now I have a pair of matching 6 in horizontal scratches going across my hood. Really not noticeable unless you catch them at the right angle but it annoys the living hell out of me. Oh well live and learn
Old 07-27-2011, 03:29 AM
jdk
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Langhorne
Anyone that has taken the doors off did this one, it took me a full day before I dented mine!

Quick Reply: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot