Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Where's Waldo (JK)? (50mi dealer search)

Old 11-19-2007, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm definitely mashin' off of Jeep.com's locator -- what I found painful when I was looking was the need to drill down into each dealer with matching vehicles. The value of the mashup is it does all the iteration/drilldown for you and produces a unified result in a single step. It also embeds driving directions in the result. Let me know if there's other helpful stuff I could hack on. Still looking for approach for integrating in the sticker detail along with the individual vehicles...
Old 11-19-2007, 07:59 PM
JK Newbie

Also looking for a straightforward way to embed an alternate distance in the query too. Anybody figure that out yet? When you drill down into the Advanced Search and specify a different distance, they embed the distance in a hideous aggregate stream that's non-trivial to reproduce... You can see it if you do an advanced search, then view source and search for name="st". Yikes...
Old 11-19-2007, 08:06 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's messy, but it appears to have substance. The value is delimited by pipe characters and the distance is the 11th from the last.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tgrt
Nice mashup. Any reason you don't allow the distance to be configurable?
I used this mashup when looking for my Jeep. Adding distance to be configurable (or a drop down box of predefined distances: 50, 100, 200, etc) would have been awesome!

Quick Reply: Where's Waldo (JK)? (50mi dealer search)