Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Where to keep my 4" S&W .40 No Top?

Old 11-25-2008, 03:50 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get a trunk monkey,,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9tj3xnsqfY
They will even protect you from aliens!!!!

Last edited by Cruiser; 11-25-2008 at 03:52 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CLACKEY(_!_)
I wish we could carry here in California! In your situation I would not risk leaving it in your Jeep at all ever! I would keep it on me or leave it secured at home. Bummer that you can carry everywhere.
You CAN get a permit in CA depending on the county you live in. CA is a MAY Issue state-meaning it is at the descretion of the main law enforcement officer of the county/city. If that county happens to be in LA or SF you are probably screwed. You have to apply for the permit and take a class & shoot-the gun has to be on the CA approved list -god i'm glad I moved out of CA--here in WA it is a SHALL Issue state-- it was as simple as filing out a form and paying the fee & fingerprints-permit mailed to me in 30 days & is good for 5 years.

As far as keeping the gun in your vehicle, get a tuffy box. Unless you work for the Gov't or are parked on Gov't property, unless specifically prohibited by state law or the rules of your permit-you WILL NOT BE PROSECUTED OR JAILED FOR HAVING A LAWFULLY POSSESSED FIREARM IN YOU CAR contrary to what some other posters stated. Now you could of course lose your job, but it isn't a crime to have a firearm unloaded & locked up inside a vehicle--in some states it just needs to be locked up anywhere but the glovebox, unloaded with the ammo stored separately. SOME states allow you to carry concealed and keep the gun anywhere in the vehicle and others mandate the gun is on your person at all times while concealed. Check this link if you need more info.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/
Old 12-24-2008, 05:53 AM
JK Freak

Most people stop carrying when they get big enough to kill a man with their bare hands.
Old 12-24-2008, 07:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RedneckJeep
Do you park in the company parking lot? If so, they can prosecute you. As you mention, your company does not allow weapons on the premises, and judges will go along with whatever company policy is in determining whether or not to prosecute a case. If the company says no to weapons and it is somehow found out that you have one even in your vehicle on the company lot, IN your car, they can bring charges against you. They can also strong arm you into a police search of your vehicle if they suspect a weapon is there.....IF the vehicle is on private company property. At any rate, I wouldn't leave a weapon in my Jeep top off OR on. They are just too easy to get into.
Actually, you are quite wrong on this for two reasons. First, a premises is a building in legal terms so unless he enters the building, the company can't do squat. Second, depending on the state, unless the company has a sign, they can only fire you. That being said, you do need to know your state law. If it states property, then you cannot enter a parking lot, but I have not seen a state use the term property. Its always premises... this provides a CCL a place to put their gun so they don't enter the premises with a gun.

Edit: The CCLs that get in trouble are typically because they don't understand the law. Learn the law around your CCL and don't use my above advise as it may not apply to your state.

Last edited by 2climbbig; 12-24-2008 at 08:13 PM. Reason: Disclaimer
Old 12-24-2008, 08:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Actually, you don't know when you will need a gun. That is why I carry my gun as often as possible. And I will always carry the largest caliber gun I can get away with. I always use common sense and know my state gun laws very well. This is true with 99.9% of CCLs.

I have had to draw my weapon once when I went to my grocery store in one of the safest neighborhoods in Ft. Lauderdale. I walked past a car only to see a guy hiding behind a car waiting to ambush someone coming out of the bank. He branished his weapon and told me come over. Unfortunately, not being very smart as none of them are, he branished his weapon, by lifting up his jacket with one hand. The other hand was on the ground keeping his balance. I drew my weapon (1911) and he took off running. I called the cops and within seconds one had arrived (he was just around the corner). They caught the idiot and he is locked up.

That said, I love the idea of behind the glove box. Brilliant idea.

Quick Reply: Where to keep my 4" S&W .40 No Top?