Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Where to keep my 4" S&W .40 No Top?

Old 06-03-2008, 11:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I figured since we were off topic anyway I might as well talk about lunch
Old 06-03-2008, 11:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sully151
I think I will have pizza for lunch... maybe tacos, it is Taco Tuesday after all.

MMMMMM! dollar tacos
Do you NEED that taco?
Perhaps a small salad with dressing on the side would be a more appropriate choice?
Old 06-03-2008, 11:26 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by yetibear
Do you NEED that taco?
Perhaps a small salad with dressing on the side would be a more appropriate choice?
Are you saying I am fat? or not man enough for a taco? concerned about my cholesterol? I am confused.

Really what is a taco but a salad with meat in it all wrapped up in a tasty shell.

Oh wait! now I get it! we are just staying off topic. Sorry I got defensive, I am a little above my target race weight, so I am a little jumpy. Good thing I can't carry a gun.
Old 06-03-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sully151
Are you saying I am fat? or not man enough for a taco? concerned about my cholesterol? I am confused.

Really what is a taco but a salad with meat in it all wrapped up in a tasty shell.

Oh wait! now I get it! we are just staying off topic. Sorry I got defensive, I am a little above my target race weight, so I am a little jumpy. Good thing I can't carry a gun.
I am not bringing your gravitational challangedness, or lack there of, into question. I was just asking if YOU really NEED that taco.

I'm beginning to feel the need for a chalupa.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:07 PM
JK Super Freak

Am I one of the few who understand the need for a gun before or after work? Hell I used to have one in the truck when I was in school. Of course it was not the same I usually had one because I was headed hunting after school back then. Personally I carry a gun for many reasons one of them is self defense agianst other humans but there are many others. I have a 50 mile roundtrip every morning from here into the "city" and back. I used to have a 20 mile round trip to work and I carried then as well. I have not had to use my gun for years but you never know when you might have to dispatch something that was hit by a car. For instance a severly woulded yet struggling deer which is something in the past I have had to do. I also do not always (and never have) known when the mood would strike me to hit the woods or a fishing hole somewhere and having a firearm is a good idea for two leggeded, four legged, and even some no legged critters. Keep in mind that not everyone carries a gun because they live or work in a bad area when you discuss this type of topic. Some of us are more like a cowboy when it comes to the reasons we carry a gun versus Rambo or Dirty Harry.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BCarr
At home, Rambo.

The fact that you propose to carry a gun 24/7 simply because "you never know" makes you irrational. At no point in time did I ever suggest that one can predict a bad situation. Stop trying so hard.
You NEVER know when you're going to need it. You improvise, you adapt, you overcome. Fact: he cannot bring his gun into work. Logic: it is too far away from him to be useful. Outcome: leave it at home.
Your lame attempts to turn the tide in your favor do not work, nor does your attempt at making it appear as though you are not the emotional one here. You can call it whatever you want...simple truth is that you are trying to generalize what needs to be a very thought-out situation into an overall "we got the right to carry guns" diatribe.

And by the way....2 tacos.
Carrying, when ever you can, because "you never know", is irrational? Carrying only when you know you need to, is a well thought out plan of action. Even though you admit you can not see the future, you should only carry when you know it is necessary? And yet you refuse to tell me how am I supposed to know, this is the only day it is necessary to carry?

And I am not trying to turn the tide in my favor, I really don't care which way you see the tide running.
I happen to agree, leaving the weapon home, in his circumstance is not only the best choice, but the only choice. But then I didn't start out calling you Casper Milktoast, yet it is perfectly acceptable for you to show your bias by calling the OP Rambo!?!?

And you still won't tell me why, because I can, and you never know when/what is going to happen, it is irrational for me to carry. You are real good at deflecting the discussion, and telling me my points are childish, irrational, or paranoid, unfortunately your entire rebuttal of my points consists of telling me I am wrong, and insisting because you pronounce me wrong that is all that need to be said. Try carrying your side by supplying some reason I am wrong, instead of handing down brainless declarations of my irrationality.

still voting for chalupas!!
Old 06-03-2008, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you have to go and bring race into it?
Hey! Who are you calling a racist??? I consider that offensive to women everywhere. And short people. And tall people with brown eyes. And....wait, what were we talking about again...?

Can't we all just get along?
Old 06-03-2008, 12:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow, I am learning a ton. There are people that don't carry guns in their vehicle or on their person?

Ok, to each his own I guess.
Old 06-03-2008, 12:37 PM
JK Super Freak

A. It's called sarcasm. Yes, the Rambo reference was a bit too goofy for this topic, but I think the OP at least got the gist of the joke.
B. What more do you need? I said it is not necessary to carry a gun for the greater percentage of the population. You are not a cop, an enforcer, a hero...and odds are that you are going to live your entire life and never have the need for it. Thus, why put so much effort into trying to find ways to arm yourself?
C. Brainless declarations of irrationality. Well....sorry I haven't met your intellectual criteria for acceptance, but you irrationally took a specific debate and turned it into a generalized "why do you say I shouldn't carry a gun when I never know when I'm going to need it?" rant. That is why I call you irrational. You have been deflecting the answers since I joined this debate, so again....stop trying to turn it, and just accept the fact that you are trying to pose questions based on things I never said. And stop with the whole "clairvoyance" and "predicting the future" crap. It's getting old and really ruins your point. If you could debate sensibly, I would probably agree with where you're coming from. However, this appears to be all you can do....so our combined nothingness will lose everyone else in this thread.

And nuts to your chalupas! What the hell is a chalupa? That word alone freaks me out.
I only like chalupas because I can! I have no idea what it actually is, and I have never had one, ever, I just like the sound of the word, and will defend, to the death, everyones right to posses a chalupa, and carry one, however needlessly it may seem to you, at all times.

Old 06-03-2008, 12:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by yetibear
I am not bringing your gravitational challangedness, or lack there of, into question. I was just asking if YOU really NEED that taco.

I'm beginning to feel the need for a chalupa.

And don't forget a

In fact, I need a

Wait for it....

Wait for it....

Ahhhh, now I need another.

An armed society is a polite society.

Quick Reply: Where to keep my 4" S&W .40 No Top?