Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Where to keep my 4" S&W .40 No Top?

Old 06-03-2008, 12:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where to keep my 4" S&W .40 No Top?

I have a CCW for Nevada. I like to carry with the whackos in this town!

Where to keep it when I am @ work though? My company allows no weapons on the premises.

Any Ideas?

S.R.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:32 AM
JK Jedi

Buy a secure lockbox for it, there is really no good place to stash anything in the Jeep that a thief can't get in in about 5 seconds. Even with an aftermarket box, I'm still not too sure it would be all that difficult for a pro.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default put in a trap

Very popupar with the Ganstas in New York lol
Old 06-03-2008, 04:33 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you park in the company parking lot? If so, they can prosecute you. As you mention, your company does not allow weapons on the premises, and judges will go along with whatever company policy is in determining whether or not to prosecute a case. If the company says no to weapons and it is somehow found out that you have one even in your vehicle on the company lot, IN your car, they can bring charges against you. They can also strong arm you into a police search of your vehicle if they suspect a weapon is there.....IF the vehicle is on private company property. At any rate, I wouldn't leave a weapon in my Jeep top off OR on. They are just too easy to get into.
Old 06-03-2008, 05:22 AM
JK Super Freak

I would get a secure storage box. Tuffy makes them but I am sure you can find or make others as well. I know a guy who took a pistol safe (like from Wally World) and installed it as his center console in a mid sized truck. He welded the door shut and used the lock as well as some more steel to make a new door on the top. He kept a firearm in it at all times.

The other thing that was brought up in this thread is legality of having it even in your vehicle. I faced the same thing on my former job. I kept one inside my vehicle locked in the console which had been beefed up. The risk is up to you as far as what the company will tolerate/allow. I would recomend if you think there will be any flack over it to make sure whatever storage box you get or make looks like it belongs just so no one looks at it and wonders what is in that chained up gun safe.
Old 06-03-2008, 06:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by shawnwade
I have a CCW for Nevada. I like to carry with the whackos in this town!

Where to keep it when I am @ work though? My company allows no weapons on the premises.

Any Ideas?

S.R.
if its light weight enough... buy a cheapo holster and velcro it to the back of the glove box... works for me and I leave the glove box unlocked so baddies can rummage around not knowing the gun is merely inches away from them...

EDIT TO ADD: Keep it with you... dont get caught... its your right to carry so F their policies
Old 06-03-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Super Freak

Tuffy console....NEXT
Old 06-03-2008, 08:23 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I keep mine between the console and my seat...hang it around the seat belt latch. Out of site and easily accessible.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BCarr
At home, Rambo.
Mission Viejo is a far cry from Vegas, all we get is a little vandalism at the Blockbuster by the high school, but I agree Leave the gun at home while at work and carry the weapon when you feel like you need to. I am not sure what good it will do you in the Jeep if you aren't with the Jeep.
Old 06-03-2008, 08:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 07JKX

EDIT TO ADD: Keep it with you... dont get caught... its your right to carry so F their policies
Oooo, at other places, I feel better having mine close by, but at work it's their right to throw me in prison. It's a felony for me to have a firearm on premises CCW or not. It stays elsewhere on workdays.

Quick Reply: Where to keep my 4" S&W .40 No Top?