Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Where did the Jeep wave go?

Old 09-19-2012, 06:15 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any of you guys also ride motorcycles? Call me crusty, antisocial, what-have-you; but it's just a lot of waving between the two. I like to enjoy the ride or drive, and not have to worry about what kind of vehicle is coming at me.

I find it refreshing to take my wife's car into work at times... At the end of the day I feel less neurotic for not having to worry about waving or missing waves.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:12 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wave whether modified or stock, hardtop or soft, two or four door. I will even continue to wave to a Jeep day after day even if I didn't get a wave in return the previous day. Case in point, green Jeep I pass every morning I waved at for close to 3 weeks without a return wave then the other day I got a wave back!!!! Since then I've gotten a return wave from them each morning and just hope they are passing it on!

Makes me feel like a Jeep wave ambassador! Keep the wave alive!
Old 09-19-2012, 07:41 AM
JK Newbie

Not hating at those who don't wave. I love em all, and wave at em all modded or stock. Yeah I wave at the modded Cherokees sometimes too. They seem to get it
Old 09-19-2012, 01:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rhum Runner
Good point! Unless your JK is your daily driver and you wear a suit to work. :-) That said, there's something gratifying about pulling up to work in a heavily modded (preferably dirty) Jeep and hopping out in a suit.

Just have to remember to know the dirt off of the calf of your slacks. :-)
Funny... thats how mine is now... and I've been doing something similar... only not wiping the dirt off the slacks but looking to see if I accidentally rubbed mud off the rock rails. GRIN
Old 09-19-2012, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DannyJK
Not hating at those who don't wave. I love em all, and wave at em all modded or stock. Yeah I wave at the modded Cherokees sometimes too. They seem to get it
I LOVE THE COLOR OF YOUR JK!!!!!
Old 09-19-2012, 02:32 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yo_marc
Any of you guys also ride motorcycles? Call me crusty, antisocial, what-have-you; but it's just a lot of waving between the two. I like to enjoy the ride or drive, and not have to worry about what kind of vehicle is coming at me.

I find it refreshing to take my wife's car into work at times... At the end of the day I feel less neurotic for not having to worry about waving or missing waves.
I ride motorcycle's too, the wave also goes hand in hand with riding.

Last edited by k0260; 09-19-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:22 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Jeepergurl67

I LOVE THE COLOR OF YOUR JK!!!!!
Thanks! Surf blue all the way! Or is that smurf blue? Ha. Pearl coat is kind of weird in the light sometimes. Got it cause it reminds me of an old blue Scout 2 I had!
Old 09-19-2012, 06:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just keep waving!
Old 09-19-2012, 08:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

I hardly ever get the Jeep wave back and it honestly just pisses me off... Most people these days that are driving a jeep is because they just wanna look good.. Sad that all these yuppies and priss pots have turned our keeping Way of Life into a joke
Old 09-19-2012, 08:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Few mod'd jeeps wave and it's pretty sad. I get a good jeep wave probably once to twice a month. Even the guy with the jeep wave sticker didn't wave

Quick Reply: Where did the Jeep wave go?