Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Where did the Jeep wave go?

Old 09-18-2012, 04:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Good day for waves around Olympia WA today. Almost 100%. Helps for the weather to be 82 and sunny!

Jeepergurl67 were you in Olympia this afternoon? Got a wave from a gurl going topless in a JK who looked a whole lot like your picture.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Freewill
Good day for waves around Olympia WA today. Almost 100%. Helps for the weather to be 82 and sunny!

Jeepergurl67 were you in Olympia this afternoon? Got a wave from a gurl going topless in a JK who looked a whole lot like your picture.
Do you mean she was topless, or the jeep was? Just clarifying...... :p
Old 09-18-2012, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

And here in Ottawa, Ontario I get maybe 50% waves back. I agree.....sometimes I realize last minute that a jeep as waved, and I miss it.....but the majority of the time I'm on the lookout. Tj's, Yj's, Modified JK's I always wave. Stock JK's.....especially JKU's with their top on when it's unbelievably hot (obviously using AC)...do not bother. Sometimes they'll surprise me and wave....but very unlikely.

That's another thing. If you own a Jeep, and it's 100*F outside, and your doors are on, top and windows up....i don't trust you......you're up to something.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:24 PM
JK Newbie

IMO, the wave has gone bye-bye because of AC, tinted windows and hard tops. With each evolution of the Wrangler, Jeep has gotten farther away from topless and doorless. I believe you actually have to pay more for half doors now. I would guess that there were still more soft top TJs sold than hardtop and I would guess that there are WAY more hardtop JKs sold than soft tops. Let's face it...it's hard to see people waving when they are tucked away inside...

EDIT: Whoops...too slow...I see J.cyr8 had a similar observation...

Last edited by gouacats; 09-18-2012 at 04:27 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Junkie

Here's a wave from Huntsville, Texas
Old 09-18-2012, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gouacats
IMO, the wave has gone bye-bye because of AC, tinted windows and hard tops. With each evolution of the Wrangler, Jeep has gotten farther away from topless and doorless. I believe you actually have to pay more for half doors now. I would guess that there were still more soft top TJs sold than hardtop and I would guess that there are WAY more hardtop JKs sold than soft tops. Let's face it...it's hard to see people waving when they are tucked away inside...

EDIT: Whoops...too slow...I see J.cyr8 had a similar observation...
No worries.....glad were on the same wavelength. It's so true though. Any time I can strip her completely down, I do. It's just sad it's getting colder now :(. But even in our -35*C weather in the winter...the soft top stays. IMHO, jeeps have more of a Jeep feel with a soft top. The hardtops look too boxy. Anyway, that's my little rant of the week....back to people not waving lol
Old 09-18-2012, 04:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jeep wave is alive and well in PA, I would say 9 out of 10 people wave.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:48 PM
JK Freak

Not bad on the 8W heading into good ole San Diego about 75% wave back, on base it's 100%.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Hold on I never knew this we are supposed to wave to other jeeps is that all jeep or just wranglers
Old 09-18-2012, 05:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaker t5
Hold on I never knew this we are supposed to wave to other jeeps is that all jeep or just wranglers
+1 lol. Do we wave to Fj's and Hummer's too? They kinda look like us...

Quick Reply: Where did the Jeep wave go?