Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Where did the Jeep wave go?

Old 09-18-2012, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by The Green Monster
Back when I had my TJ a decade ago, I got Jeep waves from all swb Jeeps and even some Cherokees. Now with my '08 Rubicon, I don't get so much of a look. Is it just my area or is this some deal where yuppies are buying Jeeps as a "fashion statement" and not understanding the Jeep way of life? Or is it that people are just in their own world and couldn't care less about other folks on the road? Regardless, I miss the Jeep brotherhood I would see on the road. End of rant, thanks for listening, or rather reading...
I See it here too!!! I love the Jeep Brotherhood/Sisterhood!! I wave at EVERYONE in a wrangler no matter the model! I get kinda upset when they dont wave back but yes I do believe that some of the soccer moms out there bought thier JKU's for a fashion statement and just dont understand the Jeep way of life!! It is not a hobby it is a way of life!!!! I will wave to you when I pass you!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a shame fellow "Jeepers" don't return the wave or understand the concept of the wave. I'm new to the Jeep family (5th month) and I wave to every fellow Wrangler on the roads. I previously had a Toyota Tundra and others in the Toyota truck community were good with the whole wave, and wave back. It just seems like a select population of Jeep owners (Wranglers) won't understand ever. ?
Old 09-18-2012, 03:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default Still Waving

I have to admit, there's not many waves here in Jersey either. Though the ones that do wave, are usually the ones that have probably owned a Jeep for a some time. I still wave no matter what I missed my two door so much, I finally traded the Power Wagon in and got another. OK, so it took me seven years but hey, I'm back!
Old 09-18-2012, 03:21 PM
JK Newbie

They wave in Union County, NJ.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i still get a large number of waves , especially from women , it helps when your handsome .
Old 09-18-2012, 03:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here in south Florida, although there are many, many JKs, I almost a always get a wave back. The ones that don't respond are typically 4 doors with a hard top (did I mention I am in Florida?) and they are talking on the phone . . .
Old 09-18-2012, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

I feel like an idiot waving, I still do, but rarely get one back.
Old 09-18-2012, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Get about 1 in 4 here in Phx. I just wave obnoxiously now it at least amuses my wife. Had to laugh when my daughter waved at a parked Jeep with no one in it. I remember my Dad teaching me to wave back in the day.
Old 09-18-2012, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by e85te
They wave in Union County, NJ.
Time for me to make a trip to Union County! At least I'll get a wave
Old 09-18-2012, 04:06 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by carolinajk
i still get a large number of waves , especially from women , it helps when your handsome .
Well that automatically rules me then out cause I'm not handsome
...not to mention its time for me to re-read the steps about how to use a photo for my profile pic...yep, I'm a noob

Quick Reply: Where did the Jeep wave go?