Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wheels/Tires Advice

Old 01-29-2008, 09:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

Great advice guys, just what I was looking for!!!!!

Now, when looking for a package deal, they suggest a tire size with the wheel you pick. Is it a liability to them if you want bigger than they suggest???

Someone mentioned a C class for mostly onroad use. Will they be ok if I want to sling a little mud? Man, I might have to buy another Jeep one off, and one on road.

Again, Thanks guys!
Old 01-29-2008, 09:20 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by seabearcaptain
Now, when looking for a package deal, they suggest a tire size with the wheel you pick. Is it a liability to them if you want bigger than they suggest???
I would imagine they have to suggest something that is similar to stock sizes, but I wouldn't bother reading too much into it. With all the info you can get from here, you should be able to get what you need and not worry about the distributers reccomendations. Most likely there are even pics somewhere on here of the tire/wheel combos you are looking at.

Originally Posted by seabearcaptain
Someone mentioned a C class for mostly onroad use. Will they be ok if I want to sling a little mud? Man, I might have to buy another Jeep one off, and one on road.
Again, Thanks guys!

A C class will be fine for offroading. What you will have to be carefull about, so I understand, is how much you air down. A C-class tire has a thinner sidewall that isn't as reinforced, so when aired down to the same level as a D-class tire it will fold in on itself much easier.
The good thing about C-class tires is that they are lighter and will get better mileage, as well as a smoother ride due to the softer sidewall.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by only_in_my_jeep
If this is an option though go witht he Rubi 17" MT tires because they look and perform well.
And it should be pointed out that you can get one hell of a good deal on them right now because they're being phased out. I just nabbed a set of 5 for just over $700 shipped to my door. I wanted to get 33's but this was just too good of a deal. They may not be quite as good as the BFG KM2's, but they're still a great tire and won't look out of place with a 2.5"BB.
Old 01-29-2008, 09:32 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks you for info!

Quick Reply: Wheels/Tires Advice