Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wheel Locks

Old 02-04-2007, 07:16 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Locks

Having just had my wifes CRV spare tire stolen (replacement $1000 - mag, tire & plastic wheel cover!!!) I had a wheel lock on all four regular wheels except the spare. Go figure.
I would like to know what are some of the best wheel locks out there or are the factory MOPAR ones good enough? Including for the spare.
Should I put two different wheel locks on every wheels?
Thoughts and help appreciated.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2007, 07:23 AM
JK Jedi Master

Have you seen these at Quadratec? $39.00.

Quadratec
Old 02-04-2007, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Robar
Have you seen these at Quadratec? $39.00.

Quadratec
Yeah, however, I just wanted to know if there were any other types of wheel locks.
I will most likely buy these on monday at dealer.

Thanks
Old 02-04-2007, 07:27 AM
JK Jedi Master

I have not seen any others yet, and to my best recall nobody here has mentioned any others.
Old 02-04-2007, 08:58 AM
JK Newbie

I just put the Mopar ones on my Rubi. They include one for the spare. It would seem senseless to put separtate locks on. The locks will just make it hard for a thief and they will go on to other targets. If they really want it, and have the time and space, they will get it, if they have to steal the whole thing. Most often crimes like that are opportunity driven.

I read in the paper the other day that the new thing to steal is catalytic converters which are then sold for the metals. The article was about several being cut off in the Raleigh or Durham, NC area. The article said it had been more of a problem in Virginia and some other states. It said that SUVs and trucks were the most common target because there was more room to get under them and cut the cat out. No lock will stop that.

Quick Reply: Wheel Locks