Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Whats it worth (my jk) $$???

Old 05-31-2011, 12:27 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Whats it worth (my jk) $$???

I have been toying with the idea of selling my 2010 JKU sport. It's all stock drive train wise, but I put a 7 inch navigation Mp3/cd DVD with blue tooth hands free phone calling and microphone head unit. I also added the upgrade kicker speakers front and rear. I have a mopar cold air intake from the dealer when I bought it.

Don't get me wrong I love my jeep but i have been thinking of paying down some bills and then buying a new 2012-13 JKU with a diesel or the new penstar when they come out.

Am I crazy? My jeep just hit 29,000 miles, has a hard top and power windows and I'd awesome!..... I love it... But i should get out of debt.. I think.

My sticker was $29k what do you guys think it's worth? Not KBB but actually what people are paying for JKU's.... Do people buy used JK's? Am I making a huge mistake I'm going to regret....

Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4230395314.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	14.1 KB
ID:	166216   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2599468965.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	33.3 KB
ID:	166217  
Old 05-31-2011, 01:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

putting a new cd player in your jeep and swapping an air filer isnt going to help you jeep retain value at all. anyone who throws mods at their jeep.. or any car thinking its going increase what its worth is crazy. KBB value is what youre going to get for it. if thats worth it to you, then thats cool. i bought my jeep with no intention of ever selling it because i knew i would never get out of it the money i was going to put into it.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They do hold a high resale value, but is it enough to cover your debt?
Old 05-31-2011, 03:32 AM
JK Freak

In short, it's worth what someone else will pay for it. That's what KBB, NADA, and Edmunds values are: An average of what dealers and individuals have paid for similar vehicles. Minor mods add no value and in some cases detract from value by potentially interfering with warranty coverage or making some buyers wary of the vehicle.

Personal finances are tough, but I believe high debt to income ratios and low net worth are the two traps that keep most people from ever becoming wealthy regardless of income. Paying interest on a depreciating asset (a vehicle) is a double whammy.
Old 05-31-2011, 04:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't keep vehicles long and sometimes they are modded and sometimes not. They are never an investment but fun transportation. You need to watch craigslist and other online sales modes(cars.com, autotrader.com). See what sells, maybe even save ads, and when they disappear from Craigslist call the seller and find out what he got. You need to know the market. My '10 Rubi only has 9K miles, 29K miles is gonna drop your value...
Old 05-31-2011, 04:06 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the info. I'll keep thinking About it... Very hard choice!

Last edited by NH-JK; 05-31-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Quick Reply: Whats it worth (my jk) $$???