Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

whats the Sticker in the footwell.....

Old 06-18-2009, 02:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by l3itch
Mine gets hot. It heats up the whole Jeep. I usually drive bare foot, so I'm used to burning myself
I can't drive bare foot. Can't even walk across the stone driveway barefooted. Darn flat feet
Old 06-19-2009, 06:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by saltman
I know you can read and understand pictograms. You posted here in English.

It is saying that the tunnel gets hot. Don't remove the carpet.

It does get hot. I don't mind. I removed the carpet within hours of the Jeep being home.
Yeah thanks, being English I sure can read English, just never seen them in any other Wrangler I have owned.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by .:eMETAL:.
yeah... due to you having the auto and it being a 2door... less metal to disperse the heat to
I wanna try to find something to put over the middle that'll help out with the heat Myabe I'll hack up my carpet and put a few pieces back in there. Maybe that part of the carpet doesn't stink
Old 06-19-2009, 07:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stickers were on my TJs and are on my LJ eurojk.

l3itch - I have seen people put some kind of reflective material (like the things you put on your windshield to reflect the sun when it is parked) between the tranny and the tunnel. I guess you have to use high temp glue to secure it. LineX also helps a little. Some people put those reflective mats down on the inside and LineX over them.

It's not that big of a deal to me though. If I am somewhere that I am barefoot more than likely the top is off and everything metal in the car is lava hot anyway.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:48 AM
JK Freak

l3itch - I have seen people put some kind of reflective material (like the things you put on your windshield to reflect the sun when it is parked) between the tranny and the tunnel. I guess you have to use high temp glue to secure it. LineX also helps a little. Some people put those reflective mats down on the inside and LineX over them.

It's not that big of a deal to me though. If I am somewhere that I am barefoot more than likely the top is off and everything metal in the car is lava hot anyway.

I don't mind the metal being hot at all it's the fact that it's 150 degrees in my Jeep. When it's 95 degrees outside and I'm driving around and it feels 50 degrees cooler when I get out I think there's a problem
Old 06-19-2009, 06:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
But I'm sure some d-bag put his lips on a transmission hump at one point in time on some vehicle and sued (and won) the manufacturers because he got his lips burnt. So now they add $4.99 to the price of our Jeeps to cover the cost of that sticker.
$0.99 of that covers the cost of the sticker and the rest goes to cover the legal fees associated with the aforementioned lawsuit, I'm sure.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:02 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine gets hot. It heats up the whole Jeep. I usually drive bare foot, so I'm used to burning myself
Your whole post sounds kinda kinky
Old 06-19-2009, 07:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The stickers were on my TJs and are on my LJ eurojk.

I don't mind the metal being hot at all it's the fact that it's 150 degrees in my Jeep. When it's 95 degrees outside and I'm driving around and it feels 50 degrees cooler when I get out I think there's a problem
thats reflective stuff is dynamat, they make a bunch of different styles, even in black and it is self adhesive. I supposed you could try sticking it under the floorboard area as long as its all sticking and no water can get up underneath it, it should stay and will keep the floor a lot cooler.

h ttp://www.dynamat.com/products_automotive_dynaliner.html
Old 06-19-2009, 07:51 PM
JK Freak

If you remove the sticker then you won’t know it’s hot, if you don’t know it’s hot it won’t bother you
Old 06-22-2009, 05:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

My 6 speed really doesn’t get hot at all well guess people sue for anything these days. My export YJ and TJ didn’t have the stickers not that it has made any difference.

Quick Reply: whats the Sticker in the footwell.....