Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.
View Poll Results: Your ultimate JK build
Stock. Why mess with perfection?
0%
Modded Poser/ Mall-crawler
9.52%
Mudder
4.76%
Dune Basher
0%
Rock Climber
19.05%
Expedition
63.49%
Chrome pimp mobile. Word.
3.17%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

What is your ultimate vision for your JK?

Old 10-01-2011, 08:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is your ultimate vision for your JK?

Was just thinking today that there are several ways to build up your JK and I thought it would be fun to have a poll to find out what you ultimately envision your JK to be. Stocker? Mudder? Rock-climber? Expedition? Mall-crawler? Phat Dub Mobile?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Mine would be Expedition. I've always liked the versatility of a Jeep and I think the Expedition build with roof rack, aux lights everywhere, winch, snorkel, gerry cans, onboard air, and lots of survival equipment is the way to go. Heavy, somewhat over-accessorized, not terribly good at anything in particular but equipped to handle any situation. I've always liked my Jeep that way and that's what I'll be building to
Old 10-02-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Expedition build with roof rack ...... (hopefully belching out diesel fumes one day).... no real need for a snorkel but an AEV front bumper for sure....
Old 10-02-2011, 12:10 PM
JK Freak

Zombie Apocalypse Expedition (ZAE vehicle) -- Armored and armed to the hilt; you know, just in case.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MrJones944
Mine changes on a weekly basis. Two weeks ago I thought I was done modding. Now I have parts all over the garage waiting to get installed. You need a monster truck with 75" tall tires the way you drive.
Lol that would be scary, bud!

Yeah I know. The modding never truly ends. I'm maxed out right now because of my wallet (or lack of) but the shopping list keeps growing

Last edited by ChryslerChris; 10-02-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Expedition style. I prefer the roads optional road trip and mine is largely a tool for getting to the places I want to hike/bike/climb/ski/snowboard, and as I am learning to kayak that too.

I choose my JK Unlimited Rubicon over a Land Cruiser largely because of the much larger parts catalogue...the classic style (that never goes out of style) doesn't hurt either.

Last edited by Repo503; 10-02-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't lump mine under any one category. It's a lean, capable off-road vehicle that happens to be my daily driver.
Old 10-03-2011, 02:18 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have to drive in Miami so some kind of armored road warrior gettup. I need an MRAP.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by profebill
I have to drive in Miami so some kind of armored road warrior gettup. I need an MRAP.
The MRAPs and MAT-Vs are awesome! I have a few friends active in the marines and I'm glad they've got those instead of just the Humvees...two of my friends got hit 5 times between the two of them in just their first tour each, scary...

As for my intentions with my JK, I JUST put on 37's. Re-geared and locked the rear, bought a beefed D30 front, getting control arms, etc. It's coming out sick.

Eventually, my final phase, would be something for crawling, mud, trails, daily driving, trailering, and some jumping too...

-Dana 60 front/GM Corporate 14 bolt rear
-42" tires on Walker Evans beadlocks
-custom cage like out of a CJ
-racing seats w/ 5 point harnesses
-coilovers all 4 corners
-Cummins BT4 diesel

Maybe one day...
Old 10-03-2011, 04:25 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by MrJones944
I didnt even see these mods coming. Have a set of bushwacker flat flares, air compressor, power inverter, and CB waiting for me to get home to install. I think im going to jump on the teraflex big brake thing next month. As long as im taking wheels off I might as well put some slotted rotors on the back. And then im done....until my winch gets delivered hopefully this month. But some backup lights might have to get installed too. And then im done. But hopefully then MBRP will get off their asses and come out with a exhaust upgrade. And then ill be done. Until superchips comes out with a '12 flashpaq. And then im really really done. Ive never had a forced induction vehicle though. I need a pirate flag too.
LOL OMG. You're bitten! The addiction is in full swing!

Quick Reply: What is your ultimate vision for your JK?