Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What would you get (for you jeep) with $1500?

Old 03-24-2013, 03:38 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tooadvanced

NP I have the front bumper with LEDS and love it
I saw those online a while back but didn't know how it would look on the jeep or how bright the LEDs would be. How does the light compare to the stock fogs?
Old 03-24-2013, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by salerno
So we got our tax returns back... I'm spending $1500 on the jeep and putting the rest into savings. I currently have 33's and 1.5" lift and thousands on items saved to my amazon wish list but thought I would see what ideas you guys suggest before the money burns a whole in my pocket....

So let's hear it, what would you get (for you jeep) with $1500?
Put ever dime to paying it off if it is not already, them have lots to play with when it is payed off and not making monthly payments,
Old 03-24-2013, 04:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TxRdStr

Put ever dime to paying it off if it is not already, them have lots to play with when it is payed off and not making monthly payments,
Already paid off. :-) The monthly payments have since become daycare payments.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So we got our tax returns back... I'm spending $1500 on the jeep and putting the rest into savings. I currently have 33's and 1.5" lift and thousands on items saved to my amazon wish list but thought I would see what ideas you guys suggest before the money burns a whole in my pocket....

If you do not do more than trail riding, I would save it until something comes up you really need (or at least want).
Old 03-25-2013, 03:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Already paid off. :-) The monthly payments have since become daycare payments.
Ouch, got ya! Get what ya can while you can!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 1500$

A Warn winch while you got the extra money. Even if you do mild wheeling eventually you will get stuck and a winch will save the day. I am partial to Warn it aint cheap but you will never regret it.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i thought i read somewhere that 4 wheel parts had a deal where you buy front and rear smittybilt bumper and get a free winch, you might look into that. i have smitty xrc front and 10k winch, got me out of a jam just the other day.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by spinuck
i thought i read somewhere that 4 wheel parts had a deal where you buy front and rear smittybilt bumper and get a free winch, you might look into that. i have smitty xrc front and 10k winch, got me out of a jam just the other day.
Really? I will look into that. will post a link if I find it.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:28 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it was in their latest ad/newsletter. Unfortunately I threw mine away. You might call and ask, or maybe another forum member has a copy and can check.
Old 03-27-2013, 04:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
Yes for the love of God please get rid of that Eyesore they call a Front bumper. It is the most ugly thing on the Jeep and it must go!! Plus you can alway pitch it to the wife as adding safety. Because we all know that stock front bumper made from the Play-school division of Jeep would crumble if anything hit it.

Here is my Bumper next to that ugly POS stock one
In my opinion that LOD is the perfect front bumper. Not too wide. Not too narrow. Simple but well made. Do the factory fogs fit?

Quick Reply: What would you get (for you jeep) with $1500?