Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What should I look for at delivery

Old 03-27-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I look for at delivery

Is there anything I should look for at delivery, any problems that many have seen from the factory? I'll be looking for paint behind hinges, but I think that was fixed. I'll be heading out soon, should have it in the driveway in about 6 hours...

Any replies would be appreciated.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, nobody responded, but it didn't matter. It is home in the driveway. And absolutely flawless. Paint looks great, everything works. And it rained like h*ll when I picked it up, flash floods, whole 9 yards. Freedom top didn't let one drop in. One sweeeeeeeeeeeeet ride. Very very happy.
It was built 3 days ago on saturday, the paint probably isn't even cured. No longer a soon to be owner, now an OWNER.
Old 03-27-2007, 06:21 PM
JK Newbie

Congrats on the new baby! Glad to hear the quality is good. I see you are from Southeast Michigan... so am I. Which dealer did you go to and how was your experience?

I ordered mine from Birmingham Chrysler, and did all my negotiating via e-mail... so far so good... getting a good deal. Unfortunately my order is being help up by some unknown restriction.

-Mark
Old 03-27-2007, 06:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man you lucky dog...Wheres the obligatory pictures?
Old 03-27-2007, 06:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used Golling on Telegraph north of Square Lake, huge dealership. They treated me great. They have the allocation also, which shows since it only took 7 weeks to deliver on my order. Matt Edwards was my salesman, very professional, no pressure at all. I'm from east side, and have a dealership very close to my house. No comparison, which is why I used Golling.

Pictures will have to wait until tomorrow, raining cats and dogs when I got home.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:38 PM
JK Newbie

RubiconToad,

Man you did great ordering a Rubicon and getting it that quick!!

I know how happy you are since I know how happy I was when I picked mine up about 1 month ago. And I've got to tell you it just gets better!! I can't believe what this rig will do, how sure footed it is!

Mine was flawless too. The paint on my flame red is spectacular! One thing I have noticed is that the door hinges take a beating must be from little rocks thrown up from the tires. No big deal though!!!

Loadstar
Old 03-27-2007, 08:43 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Always check for dents on cowl where the mirrors hit if someone takes the straps off the doors and opens them up all the way.

Check your window boxes to make sure you got the 2 plastic pieces for the back and the correct tint on the windows. Make sure all your door frames are correct, lefts and rights.

Make sure your freedom top screws,bolts aren't rediculously tight. If so check the top for cracks.

If the little plastic pieces are still on your windshield (by the wipers) remove them gently by twisting and pulling, don't yank them out.

That is all I can think of for now!

Congratulations! You are gonna Love this thing! I was cruising down the road today with the top off, wind in my hair (okay buzzed head) sun beaming down, when all of a sudden on satelite radio came "Magic Carpet Ride" by Steppenwolf. What a great Jeep song! Try it.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:47 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 74 LOADSTAR
RubiconToad,

Man you did great ordering a Rubicon and getting it that quick!!

I know how happy you are since I know how happy I was when I picked mine up about 1 month ago. And I've got to tell you it just gets better!! I can't believe what this rig will do, how sure footed it is!

Mine was flawless too. The paint on my flame red is spectacular! One thing I have noticed is that the door hinges take a beating must be from little rocks thrown up from the tires. No big deal though!!!

Loadstar
Guys, I dont have this problem since I have a 2 door. But I would put that clear vinyl sticker stuff on my hinges until you figure something else out. You know that stuff they put on the front of some cars to prevent rock chips! Just an Idea!
Old 03-28-2007, 07:53 PM
JK Newbie

Rubimon,

Great suggestion on the hinges. My wife was all for getting some touch up paint but I told her I thought that would look tacky. She's a sweetheart and always wanting to take the best care of the stuff we acquire with our hard earned $$$.

The things you suggested to look at at delivery make a lot of sense! I still haven't looked in my soft top boxes, now I'm scared to. Hopefully everything is there.

Loadstar

Quick Reply: What should I look for at delivery