Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What is a must when ordering 2012

Old 07-17-2011, 10:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is a must when ordering 2012

What are the must have's when ordering your new 2012? Thinking of selling my 07 x unlimited for a 2012 just trying to do some figures.
Old 07-17-2011, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjntj2003
What are the must have's when ordering your new 2012? Thinking of selling my 07 x unlimited for a 2012 just trying to do some figures.
No reason to sell your 2007 for 2012. Save your money. Unless you are going up to a rubicon or for some other major reason. I sold my 09 for an 11 so I could get rear doors. Two kids now! The mileage will not make up on money lost in the upgrade. Pay it off and put money away towards retirement
Old 07-17-2011, 12:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jjntj2003
You are asking the right question but YOU have to answer it. I don't think my telling you a bobblehead, Hawaii hulu girl dash figurine, or lockers for the mall would apply to you
Old 07-17-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Freak

I'm looking at getting more hp/torque 5spd auto and biggest is 4wd my 07 is just 2. Just wondering what others were adding on such as nav is no biggie but a/c is.
Old 07-17-2011, 05:12 PM
JK Junkie

Go for it! The new 5 speed and with new engine sounds like a dream
Old 07-17-2011, 05:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Go for it! personally I would get a JKU rubi 6spd with heated leather seats and ac.. i don`t use ac often but it sure is nice to have!
Old 07-17-2011, 05:46 PM
JK Freak

if your gonna buy a new jeep why not get the best of everything, me personally i would get a 2dr rubi black with every imaginable option, go big or go home
Old 07-17-2011, 06:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Factory nav is a rip off, you can get portable nav systems at 1/10 the price and use it in more than one vehicle (just lock it in your center console, the Tuffy that you upgrade to). If you are not going to throw a ton of money into upgrades after you buy a 2012, but still want to go almost anywhere, get a Rubicon for the lockers and t-case. If you are going to swap out axles, put in air lockers, and spend 20k-30k on upgrades, you may not want to spend the extra money buying a Rubicon just to rip out the axles, etc.

The dual top option ($1625) is usually a good idea and if you don't use one, sell it. The hard top will get you $1200-$1600 because it costs $2200 new. Get tinted soft top windows, these sell for a premium if you don't want them later on. The clear ones are always up for sale cheap.

Heated seats are great up north, side airbags can be a hassle off road and if upgrading to aftermarket seats, leather is a personal choice you'll have to make, most people add their own wheels and tires later so don't pay for Jeep's upgraded wheels. Unless you have to have a Special Edition, you'll never get your money out of it when you go to sell. Trailer tow option is good to have.

If you can, wait until the 2013s are coming out to buy a 2012. They'll be discounted. Actually, you will get amazing deals by buying used from other Jeepers. We pour tons of money into these and sell them at half what it cost us. Good luck.
Old 07-17-2011, 06:23 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dillUSMC
if your gonna buy a new jeep why not get the best of everything, me personally i would get a 2dr rubi black with every imaginable option, go big or go home
Watch a little desperate landscapes do we? Lol
Old 07-18-2011, 07:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 86CJ-07RUBI
Factory nav is a rip off, you can get portable nav systems at 1/10 the price and use it in more than one vehicle (just lock it in your center console, the Tuffy that you upgrade to). If you are not going to throw a ton of money into upgrades after you buy a 2012, but still want to go almost anywhere, get a Rubicon for the lockers and t-case. If you are going to swap out axles, put in air lockers, and spend 20k-30k on upgrades, you may not want to spend the extra money buying a Rubicon just to rip out the axles, etc.

The dual top option ($1625) is usually a good idea and if you don't use one, sell it. The hard top will get you $1200-$1600 because it costs $2200 new. Get tinted soft top windows, these sell for a premium if you don't want them later on. The clear ones are always up for sale cheap.

Heated seats are great up north, side airbags can be a hassle off road and if upgrading to aftermarket seats, leather is a personal choice you'll have to make, most people add their own wheels and tires later so don't pay for Jeep's upgraded wheels. Unless you have to have a Special Edition, you'll never get your money out of it when you go to sell. Trailer tow option is good to have.

If you can, wait until the 2013s are coming out to buy a 2012. They'll be discounted. Actually, you will get amazing deals by buying used from other Jeepers. We pour tons of money into these and sell them at half what it cost us. Good luck.
Thanks . Very good info .

Quick Reply: What is a must when ordering 2012