Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What means "Sure, it'll work fine"?

Old 03-14-2008, 08:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is why I have yet to fall prey to all these purveyors of suspension lift "goodies"...first, the "kits" are incomplete, and for whatever reasons, the manufacturers do not include all the "recommended/required" pieces...ie: track bars or track bar relocation brackets with "complete bolt on" suspension kits. Secondly, most of us don't have the skill sets and/or tools or space to install most of these "toys", therefore, we fall victim again to shops that charge $85 per hour or more to put your Jeep on a lift...AND, if you bought your kits on the internet, and not from the shop (which in many cases do not have the brand of kit you want), they can surcharge you or charge you for additional items that said kit(s) didn't come with, but should have...see First. Several thousand dollars to have your Jeep scratch and sniff the stratosphere and all you are going to do is work overtime to pay for it makes no sense to me...how many here are sponsored...do you get all these "goodies" for free? Lastly, I believe many, if not most purveyors of off road products need to thoroughly research what they sell, and lay it on the line what the hidden issues and additional costs will be if you install any of these "used by professional off roaders...who, BTW, are sponsored toys"...just my 2 cents. I try to enjoy my Jeeps, without resorting to maxing out my plastic so I can pose real good on the beach.

Last edited by Dustoff '68; 03-14-2008 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TEEJ
vitrolic damnations
Great post, but you spelled "vitriolic" wrong. I know this because I had absolutely no idea what it meant and had to look it up!

I like your explanations!
Old 03-14-2008, 07:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is EXACTLY why I bought a Rubi -- everything I could ever want without resorting to the aftermarket. But unlike most on this board, my needs are modest.

Quick Reply: What means "Sure, it'll work fine"?