Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What makes a Wrangler a Wrangler?

Old 02-06-2011, 08:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A canvas in which to create, abuse, and recreate.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
I think that "wrangler" is an undefinable emotion. It's a vehicle that gives you that special feeling you get when you catch out of the corner of your eye some dude in a mall crawler pick-up lifted six inches sitting on 37s stare at you as you pass in front of him at the intersection. Kids innately know what a Warngler is: How many times do you see kids pointing out that same mall crawler pick-em-up to their parents while driving down the road? Never. You never see it because those hosers are not driving Wranglers. But you see it all of the time when a kid stares slack-jawed at you, then excitedly gets their parent to look, too. Whatever vehicle they are starring at: That's a Wrangler.
You hit the nail on the head right there.
Old 02-06-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your using "wrangler" as "jeep". The wrangler is a name somebody gave the classic jeep design starting with the 1987 model year. The year is was re-introduced (and almost yesterday to a few of us). But that is neither here nor there.....

A jeep what ever the auto maker calls it has to have the "boxy" shape, slotted grill, flatish & foldable windshield. It either keeps this classic look and shape or it is not a jeep. There is plenty of room for other newer (maybe better) designs but they will be some thing different.

I hope someone will keep making a Jeep for years to come. But, simply because someone owns the copyright to the name "jeep" does not make what they manufacture a JEEP. And that is all I have to say about that.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well that's my point exactly, you mentioned there is room for "newer and better" designs. So if a newer and better designed "Wrangler" hit the market would it be embraced or rejected by the Jeep enthusiast. I'm trying to gage if we're loyal to the name Jeep or the actual vehicle itself hmmm??
Old 02-06-2011, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Hellbound13
Death wobble of course!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:49 AM
him
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by orp967
I'm trying to gage if we're loyal to the name Jeep or the actual vehicle itself hmmm??
Speaking for myself, I bought my JK despite the name. Not "jeep" per se - nobody pays attention to that. The JK is a Chrysler, and buying a Chrysler is not something most people want to do.

The features convinced me to override wisdom.

Last edited by him; 02-06-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

4wd, removable top & doors, fold down windshield, 70 years of tradition.. That about sums it up for me.. My Wrangler gives me a sense of freedom and "go anywhere-ness" that I think no other vehicle can.. When others are hiding in their houses due to inclimate weather, I'm out playing in it!! On the otherhand, when the weather is good I cruise around with the wind in my face, without a worry in the world.. Man do I <3 my JEEP Wrangler!!
Old 02-06-2011, 02:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by him
The JK is a Chrysler, and buying a Chrysler is not something most people want to do.

I'll go along with that. The JK is the ONLY mopar product I would ever own.

Sorry
Old 02-06-2011, 02:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by o09jkny
4wd, removable top & doors, fold down windshield, 70 years of tradition.. That about sums it up for me.. My Wrangler gives me a sense of freedom and "go anywhere-ness" that I think no other vehicle can.. When others are hiding in their houses due to inclimate weather, I'm out playing in it!! On the otherhand, when the weather is good I cruise around with the wind in my face, without a worry in the world.. Man do I <3 my JEEP Wrangler!!
Yea, What he said!!!
Old 02-06-2011, 03:52 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Enclocal
I'll go along with that. The JK is the ONLY mopar product I would ever own.
I don't agree, there is also the Dodge Ram

Quick Reply: What makes a Wrangler a Wrangler?