Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What I didn't like

Old 11-09-2006, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're right...the CJs were white! I forgot about that. From what I can remember of the last TJ hardtop I saw, it was the same color as the outside. My Spice hardtop on the YJ was spice on the inside. Maybe somebody here who has had a TJ hardtop can clear this up.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:08 PM
JK Newbie

I think reason for the white interor top is two fold

-white makes the interior brighter in low light conditions
-to save money/labor depending on exterior top color
who knows! any Jeep insiders
Old 11-14-2006, 09:34 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by over's tj
I think reason for the white interor top is two fold

-white makes the interior brighter in low light conditions
-to save money/labor depending on exterior top color
who knows! any Jeep insiders
They did do a lot of cost cutting on the JK. That is what makes it so affordable and upgradeable (is that a word?). You might be right.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:02 PM
JK Freak

[QUOTE=Piginajeep;4031]I keep saying I wont wheel the JK,, we have to other jeeps for that...

But im sure it'll happen.

Yep. Sema gave me
I made that promise to my wife but dang it I just can't help looking at a 3-4 inch lift and some 35's, stubby bumper with winch and maybe if Santa's good to me some black camo netting for the roll bar when the top is off.
Old 11-14-2006, 10:22 PM
JK Newbie

A 3" lift and 35's. It's just too easy with the JK!
Old 11-15-2006, 04:01 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jocrazy0
I'm getting the first of my bling installed Friday! (So I'm a wuss. I having leather, seat heat, and adjustable lumbar supports installed). Then I'm taking the hardtop down and having an insulated headliner installed with reflective barrier insulation. Those endless 100 degree summer days here mean I need all the heat (barrier) help I can get! That should cut down further on the noise plus maybe make it a bit cooler in the summer when the hard top is on. Of course, when the soft top is on, it'll just sit in storage. Maybe I can design a foldable reflective barrier that will sit under the soft top and can be stored when the top is down. Hmmmm.

Of course none of that improves offroad performance, so that will be most probably after the first of the year when the aftermarket starts cranking the products out. Plus the bling really p*sses off my pal kaiserjeep, its worth the money to watch him suck lemons!

Can you provide more info on that headliner. WHat's the cost, etc. Here in Texas, I usually have the hard top off in teh summer, but sometimes its just too hot, and I need the A/C.

And I second the needing pics of the painted tops. I was thinking of the same thing as Tom, paint the hardtop to match the body, and the inside of it white.

Tom
Old 11-15-2006, 04:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Ge99ne
My cj hard top was white on the inside. I take it that the TJ's where not?
I had an '05 Rubi bought during the first half of the year, when the black parts were all a deep grey. the hardtop was deep grey with white interior. SO at least on mine, it was the same as the JK's.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:46 PM
bikergal

I took my first test drive in an 07 Sahara Auto and a 07 X Manual today. Both 2 doors. I want to get manual but there is a problem. I am 5'3 and I had the seat as far foward as possible and was able to reach the clutch fine but I was practically sitting on top of the steering wheel.

Why do they have the pedals so far away from the driver? Even when I was driving the Auto I had to sit way closer than I have to in my current vehicle. All I kept thinking is if this airbag goes off it is gonna hurt :sad:
Old 11-06-2007, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

from the original post... i'm not sure how exactly you lock your keys in a jeep. granted i have the soft top and have never had a hard top. maybe that's a reason to get a soft top.... you can never lock your keys inside... just unzip and climb in!!!!
Old 11-06-2007, 02:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Before 1991 softtops didn't have door locks. None of my CJs and my '89 YJ came from the factory with no door locks.

You learn to never leave anything in a Jeep anyway.

Or, you hide it REALLY well. I took the factory AM radio faceplate off and made it into a plug that could fit in the hole left when I pulled my Alpine. Unless you looked close, it was a Factory Jeep Radio. Things like CBs and the Ham radio got installed in lockable center consoles on heavy steel brackets.

Even still, I lost stuff from my Jeep. In my CJ, I used a special modified Alternator with external Voltage Ragulators. Because of this, I kept a spare all modified in the Jeep. Was stolen one day. Since the CJs used a standard Delco Large Case, I'm thinking the thief tried to put it in his Camaro. Fire Chief did say the housefire started in the garage. So sad... (^_^)

Quick Reply: What I didn't like