Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What I didn't like

Old 11-08-2006, 06:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is called "DEP", or Dealer Extra Profit. Personally, I think processing fees are a total rip off. Processing the paperwork is part of doing business (duh). I start squawking when the DEP fees hit $100 (my threshold of pain). Make sure that the title and license fees aren't included in that, or better yet, ask your dealer what you are getting for the "processing fee".

On my contract there was a hard coded $50 for processing which I thought was reasonable (with crossed eyes anyway). There also was an entry for "Dealer Inventory Tax" for $64.59 which I thought was kind of strange since I picked the vehicle up the same day it was delivered. One thing I just noted, is I DID NOT pay a separate "Dealer Prep" fee which usually translates as DEP. They quoted me $150 when I ordered the jeep, then did not put it on the bill of sale. Maybe they got so much static about it they have decided to just eat the loss of the extra profit generated. Did that statement give you a headache?

Another one of those funny fees was the "Customer One Owner Loyalty Mailing". I wonder what kind of junk mail I will get for my $25?
Old 11-08-2006, 06:45 AM
JK Newbie

<snipped out redundant material from duplicate post>

EDIT: (One of those STRANGE QUIRKS with internet browsers is sometimes when you SUBMIT, you end up with a blank screen. Did the post get posted or not? I checked the thread and no post. So I reposted and now there are TWO posts. Strange.)

Last edited by jocrazy0; 11-08-2006 at 09:34 AM.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't like the white interior of the hard top. The contrast between the dark interior colors and the white ceiling made me feel a little quirky. A can of Krylon or some Herculiner should take care of that. I just hope I make it home from the dealer without having a fit.
I've contacted my dealer about this. What I plan to do when my JK arrives, is to have the dealer remove the hard top, then pop the windows out of it, and shoot the interior of the top with the same matte black color that's on the outside, then I'm going to have the outside of the hard-top shot with Rescue Green so the hard-top matches the body color. Now don't start copying my Jeep, I want it DIFFERENT than everyone elses!!!

Lastly, I'm also going to have a Brushed Aluminum trim piece ordered for the center of the dash, and will have that shot in Rescue Green as well so it matches the Rescue Green you can see on the interior of the doors. I think it's going to look cool, plus will look different than everyone else's JKs. What does everyone think??

Tom
Bryson City, NC
Old 11-08-2006, 01:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
Lastly, I'm also going to have a Brushed Aluminum trim piece ordered for the center of the dash, and will have that shot in Rescue Green as well so it matches the Rescue Green you can see on the interior of the doors.[/B]
I was thinking of doing something similar with the dash -- do you have a good source for this trim piece? I've seen some applique kits but they're all plastic (or walnut burl, which is not exactly the look I had in mind )

Presumably a machine shop could just knock this out given a CAD drawing or something... is the main dash panel relatively flat? hm...
Old 11-08-2006, 01:38 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by SpudRacer
I've contacted my dealer about this. What I plan to do when my JK arrives, is to have the dealer remove the hard top, then pop the windows out of it, and shoot the interior of the top with the same matte black color that's on the outside, then I'm going to have the outside of the hard-top shot with Rescue Green so the hard-top matches the body color. Now don't start copying my Jeep, I want it DIFFERENT than everyone elses!!!

Lastly, I'm also going to have a Brushed Aluminum trim piece ordered for the center of the dash, and will have that shot in Rescue Green as well so it matches the Rescue Green you can see on the interior of the doors. I think it's going to look cool, plus will look different than everyone else's JKs. What does everyone think??

Tom
Bryson City, NC
we think alike..I was telling my wife I would like to do that with the heater vents.

I would also like the bushwacker flares painted to match.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

we think alike..I was telling my wife I would like to do that with the heater vents.

I would also like the bushwacker flares painted to match.

Yea on the dash heater vents (got that idea from SEMA photos, eh??), nay on the fender flares. I decided to keep mine black for now. I suspect I'm going to tear them up eventually, and the paint won't look too good then. Besides, if I have shiny painted fender flares, it may affect my off-road driving, not wanting to scratch or damage them. Leaving them stock, I won't hesitate to put them in harms way if the situation calls for it!

Tom
Bryson City
Old 11-08-2006, 02:09 PM
JK Jedi Master

I keep saying I wont wheel the JK,, we have to other jeeps for that...

But im sure it'll happen.

Yep. Sema gave me lots of ideas
Old 11-08-2006, 02:20 PM
JK Newbie

I'm getting the first of my bling installed Friday! (So I'm a wuss. I having leather, seat heat, and adjustable lumbar supports installed). Then I'm taking the hardtop down and having an insulated headliner installed with reflective barrier insulation. Those endless 100 degree summer days here mean I need all the heat (barrier) help I can get! That should cut down further on the noise plus maybe make it a bit cooler in the summer when the hard top is on. Of course, when the soft top is on, it'll just sit in storage. Maybe I can design a foldable reflective barrier that will sit under the soft top and can be stored when the top is down. Hmmmm.

Of course none of that improves offroad performance, so that will be most probably after the first of the year when the aftermarket starts cranking the products out. Plus the bling really p*sses off my pal kaiserjeep, its worth the money to watch him suck lemons!
Old 11-08-2006, 07:54 PM
JK Newbie

I could go on here about what I am going to do to the Jeep, but since I don't have one, I won't. There are a million things I am going to do when I get a JK, some of which have been mentioned in posts on this thread. I'm really excited about the JK and where the Wrangler is going in the next 5 years. I just can't believe they made the inside of the hard top white.

Those of you that are playing with paint better get some pictures up. Us Lackeys want to see.
Old 11-09-2006, 06:10 AM
JK Freak

My cj hard top was white on the inside. I take it that the TJ's where not?

Quick Reply: What I didn't like