Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What I didn't like

Old 11-07-2006, 06:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JeepYak
I just can't make up my mind whether I want power windows and locks or not...:confused:
My thought process was to get it just as an addition to the security system since the security system is not available individually...
Old 11-07-2006, 06:20 AM
JK Newbie

There will be a shiny red Jeep in my driveway, very soon. I just can't make up my mind whether I want power windows and locks or not...:confused:
Everybody wants power windows/locks. I posed this question on
another forum and I was surprised at the results. Everybody wants
power windows/locks.

I seem to be the only person who doesn't want them. It is a moot point,
since I ordered my rig with half doors, but if I had ordered my rig with full
doors, I would have opted for good old-fashioned crank windows.

Andrew
Old 11-07-2006, 06:25 AM
JK Jedi Master

I didnt opt for power windows, locks either.. kinda wish i ordered them..

as far as the recieve hitch is..

its $270 or what ever. but it also gives those with the X model, a D44 rearend and 4:10 gears, well worth the money..

order that you will not regret that!
Old 11-07-2006, 06:41 AM
JK Freak

I've had power windows on every vehicle after my first cj. Never regretted it. Especially on a 4 door. It's kept my top down longer, since I can easily roll up all the windows if it gets chilly on the highway.
Old 11-07-2006, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
I didnt opt for power windows, locks either.. kinda wish i ordered them..

as far as the recieve hitch is..

its $270 or what ever. but it also gives those with the X model, a D44 rearend and 4:10 gears, well worth the money..

order that you will not regret that!
The Trailer tow group option does add a Dana 44 on the two door, so it is totally worth it. The four door already comes with a 44, and 4.10 gears are only $50 extra. So you end up paying $220 for the hitch and light plug. I only paid $100 for the Hidden Hitch on my TJ, plus 20 bucks, I think, for a plug from U-Haul. I think I will get the tow hook, then sell it to somebody with an X "C" package that doesn't come with tow hooks when an aftermarket hitch is available. Chances are, though, like most people, I will get an after market rear bumper with swing away tire carrier that has a receiver built in.

I didn't think about this until someone pointed it out, but the rear doors don't have key holes, do they? Guess I'd better get power, then.

About the difference in a Sahara and an X. I am going to order the Jeep in this configuration:
X S Package which includes Aluminum wheels, tinted windows, tow hooks, fog lamps, leather wrapped steering wheel, speed control, temp and compass gauge
Hard Top
6 Speed
Floor mats
Trac-Lock
4.10 gears
This configuration = $24,890.00
with power locks and windows = $25,690.00
The Sahara with these options = $27,775.00
The Sahara is a great package for someone who is going to leave it stock, since it looks awesome right off the production line. I will be modding the crap out of it, so it will be hard to tell what trim package it is in a couple of years, anyway. I also like to keep monthly payments low so I can have more money to spend on my numerous other hobbies (kayaking, Vespa, sailing...). This is the reason I haven't ordered one, yet. I'm saving for a down payment, since I don't have a trade-in (I sold my TJ thinking I was going to get a more economical car, but ended up with a Vespa).

I like all the feedback I'm getting off this. I really wasn't expecting that. Thanks!
Old 11-07-2006, 02:47 PM
JK Newbie

That looks to be just about what I got. However, the X "S" package doesn't come with tinted windows, at least I couldn't find the option for it anywhere. The only place I've seen them is the Saharas and Rubicons.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:24 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tcpatter
That looks to be just about what I got. However, the X "S" package doesn't come with tinted windows, at least I couldn't find the option for it anywhere. The only place I've seen them is the Saharas and Rubicons.
Without getting too nosy about how much you paid, were the prices I quoted pretty close? The sales person I talked to said they charge about the same as the website quotes, minus tax, title and license, of course.

On the "Select a Model" page under "Build and Equip" on Jeeps website, it says the S package comes with Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows. The Soft top I test drove had tinted glass and side windows. I don't remember if the back window was tinted or not. If you have the S package and no tint, show them on the website where it says tint is included and make them tint your windows!
This is for the Unlimited, I don't know about the two door.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:01 PM
JK Newbie

There are two different tints...'tint' and 'deep tint'. Deep tint is the almost black windows on the hard top and it is only standard on 4dr X with the 's' pkg. The 2dr X with 's' pkg comes with regular tint only. Deep tint isn't available as an option AT ALL on the 2dr X. To get a 2dr with the deep tint hard top you have to go Sahara or Rubicon and pay $300 for the upgrade.

Which sucks. I've got a 2dr black X coming and I would have gladly paid the extra cash for deep tint but oh well.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:33 AM
JK Newbie

Without getting too nosy about how much you paid, were the prices I quoted pretty close? The sales person I talked to said they charge about the same as the website quotes, minus tax, title and license, of course.

On the "Select a Model" page under "Build and Equip" on Jeeps website, it says the S package comes with Deep Tint Sunscreen Windows. The Soft top I test drove had tinted glass and side windows. I don't remember if the back window was tinted or not. If you have the S package and no tint, show them on the website where it says tint is included and make them tint your windows!
This is for the Unlimited, I don't know about the two door.
Well with the tint, I'm assuming that you're getting the 4-door so I can't really say anything on the price, but I ended up paying invoice for mine. If you build and price your jeep at jeepwarehouse.com, you'll have a pretty good starting point to talk to different dealerships. Just keep jumping around until you find one who can do the same. Most dealerships shouldn't really have a problem with going to invoice if you're ordering it.
Old 11-08-2006, 05:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Did anyone have to pay a $429 processing fee on top of their final Price, tax, title, and tags.? I don't remember this from any other car we've bought. The sales man says this is just profit for the dealer.

Quick Reply: What I didn't like