Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What does "It's A Jeep Thing" mean to you?

Old 03-19-2009, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't know what it meant before owning my JK... my first Jeep. But now I really understand that it instantly puts you in a community of like minded indviduals that know what life is about. For example, one of my co-workers, a former jeep owner, started telling me all of his old jeep stories... like going out to Moab with his CJ... and having to buy a trailer and tow his friend back all the way to San Diego after his friends truck with a cheap lift kit collapsed on it's 40's. They had to scrounge for smaller tires to pull it of of the trail, drive over to Colorado to buy a trailer, then had to tow his buddy back.

Also, my future Italian father-in-law owned three jeeps in the past and still owns his old 60 something jeep. The moment I pulled up in my JK... him and I became instant friends and had a whole lot of things to talk about. He's shown me trails and told me tales that can't compare to anything else.

It's about friendship and family... and only a Jeeper would understand.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

often it has meant getting to help, or the hospital safety
Old 03-19-2009, 07:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JK09
I bought my first Jeep, a CJ7, new, in 1984. I was living in the Vallejo, CA area and I loved driving around with the top down. I just started waving at other Jeeps in the area when I saw them on the road. People waved back. Common bond; common mindset. I almost want to say is carries a slight similarity to Harley riders, although I also wave to other bikes when I am on my bike, regardless of country of manufacture.

Your question is harder to snaswer than it seems! Good question!!!
Thanks! It got me thinking too!
Old 03-20-2009, 05:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Old 03-22-2009, 05:47 AM
JK Newbie

Ask a farmer why he prefers a John Deere tractor, or a Soldier why he prefers Gerber knives.....

You deal with the road noise, the block of cheese aerodynamics and lack of refinement.

Jeeps are (and hopefully will always be ) flawed perfection.

Quick Reply: What does "It's A Jeep Thing" mean to you?