Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What does "It's A Jeep Thing" mean to you?

Old 01-29-2009, 12:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My oldest daughter (about 4 at the time) said "Dad, we should get a Jeep someday.. They are strong and nice people drive Jeeps"

Kids always say it best, don't they.
Old 01-29-2009, 05:28 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by 07JKRUBI
My oldest daughter (about 4 at the time) said "Dad, we should get a Jeep someday.. They are strong and nice people drive Jeeps"

Thats says it all
Old 01-30-2009, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07JKRUBI

She is the biggest fan of the JK in my house to be sure. She ALWAYS wants to ride up front if possible, and wants to take the doors and lid off every time!

My other daughter prefers to have the roof on, windows up. (Takes after her mom)

Old 01-30-2009, 07:12 AM
JK Super Freak

Many of you have said things that I believe in whole heartedly. Here are a few of my thoughts.

I have had two Jeeps, a 89YJ and 99WJ, currently looking at 08-09 JK's. Looks like I should get an 09 so that I can keep that trend going...but anyway, I have had a Nissan Truck, I have had a Nissan Maxima, I have had two Honduh Accords....and they were just "cars" they had no soul, my Jeeps on the other hand, have soul, they make me happy, even the WJ, it's 4wd, it has 2" of lift, larger BFG AT's on it and I am not afraid to go down trails and to places most "cars" would never go. When I am driving, I am happy, I am proud, Jeeps are just not cars, people buy other cars because of gas mileage, room, comfort and it doesn't matter if it is Ford, Chevy, Saturn, Nissan, Honda etc. and they buy because of price, or deal, or gas mileage or it doesn't matter, it is a means of getting from point A to point B. And yes, my current WJ and my soon to be JK (within months of buying) will get me from point A to point B, but it will also take me to point c,d, e, f, etc. Most people that go on a road trip will hit the interstate, and time it out so they get from where they are, to where they want to end up in the least amount of time possible. I like, let me restate that, I LOVE driving down the interstate, see something of interest, whether it is a river, stream, dirt road, whatever, and take a detour to just "see" what is over that hill, or down by the river...

I am a real estate appraiser, my clothing is dress pants, dress shirt, sport coat, sometimes a tie, does that mean I will not take the top off? Not take the doors off? Hell no. Will I park on the road and walk across a construction site, or a piece of land? Nope, I'm driving across it. Bumpy ride, bring it, louder, bring it, leaks, I rather it not, but I'm prepared it does!

I made a huge mistake when I got rid of my YJ. I have regretted it ever since, I can't say that for anything else I have owned. The WJ has helped with this regret, but not completely. Soon, the JK will almost get rid of my regret completely. I will always wish I still had that YJ.

Sorry for the dissertation, I write stuff for a living!
Old 01-30-2009, 09:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It means I'm driving my fiancee absolutely bonkers.

I point out every Jeep Wrangler I see, and if it has the tires and rims I want, I say "Hey, there's the tires and rims I want!".

I was at the mall the other night (we took his Liberty to the mall...LOL) and they had a calendar kiosk set up. They set them up every year around the holidays... and this was the last week before it was gone for the year. Well, I hadn't bought an '09 calendar yet, and they were only $4.00, so we browsed.

Once I saw the Jeep calendar though, that was it. The Jeep for January has one that was modded (or maybe is owned) by a local shop called "Endangered Species Jeep". That is exactly the place I was thinking of bringing my Jeep to.

It means every time I walk outside, I see my Jeep and even if I'm in a bad mood, it makes me smile.

It means winter is easier to manage (I HATE winter, even with the Jeep), and it makes me look forward to spring and summer even more.

It means trail rides and exploring places I never even knew existed... even though I've lived in this area for a good part of my life.

And, it means making new friends. Every time I drive down the street and see a fellow Jeeper, there's a wave. Even if they don't wave back, it's still okay.

I can't even tell you all how much I love my Jeep. But, I don't have to, because you already know. Because it is a JEEP thing, and you all understand!

I can tell you one thing, I never felt this way about any car I've ever driven...
Old 01-30-2009, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

my jeep makes me feel alive even on shitty days
Old 01-31-2009, 05:22 AM
JK Super Freak

Because of the Jeep thing I have joined a local club and met some great people.

If you want a Jeep becomes a lifestyle of freedom, kinda like a Harley but without the tattoos.

I love to drive it as it just makes me feel good, I don't know why but it just does.

I love to wheel it as it is fun fun fun.

Plus everyone I find who owns a Jeep and has done any mods at all is nice to talk to and that is the best.

So as they say Its a Jeep thing you wouldn't understand is true unless you experience it.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

I think it means "don't sweat the small stuff"

If you are alive and in your Jeep ....the rest is ALL small stuff.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:53 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by justinstoffregen
I'll start. To me IAJT means: The freedom of knowing that you can go far off the beaten path, maybe spend a few days out there, and come back under your own power. To have pride in the craftsmanship and capability of the vehicle that I drive. To know that I have the best off-road vehicle out there, bar none. To feel the sense of community that comes with driving a Jeep - the waves, and knowing that those who wave are always willing to help. I could go on but I'd like to see what other people think.
I bought my first Jeep, a CJ7, new, in 1984. I was living in the Vallejo, CA area and I loved driving around with the top down. I just started waving at other Jeeps in the area when I saw them on the road. People waved back. Common bond; common mindset. I almost want to say is carries a slight similarity to Harley riders, although I also wave to other bikes when I am on my bike, regardless of country of manufacture.

Your question is harder to snaswer than it seems! Good question!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 07:52 PM
JK Newbie

To me, it means every day is a vacation day.

Quick Reply: What does "It's A Jeep Thing" mean to you?