Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What does "It's A Jeep Thing" mean to you?

Old 01-28-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Owning a Jeep is like being in the largest unofficial club. We wave at each other in passing on the road and trail. I broke down in mine and dozens of cars passed by, but the first Jeep along stopped to assist. Jeep people care more about what ya got under and inside than the paint job or whether or not you have heated seats or a lighted mirror. Doors? optional. Top, optional. How many other cars would you have a roll over in, get out have some buddies flip it back over and drive away with a smile? Jeep people are cool. We all understand Jeep is an acronym, Just Empty Every Pocket and were OK with it. We take what the factory gives us and we make it ours through sweat and hard work. That's a Jeep thing. WIthout owning and using a Jeep you wouldn't understand it!
Old 01-28-2009, 04:48 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What everyone else said ! And always remember, All a Man really needs to own is a Good Dog and A Good Jeep , He can rent everything else !
Old 01-28-2009, 08:00 PM
JK Newbie

Exclamation

[QUOTE=4x4jkx;900804]
I know that Enzo Ferrari himself said that Jeep Wranglers are the only true "sportscars" to come out of America
QUOTE]
WTF ?

Enzo needs a reality check

Corvette C6 Z06.........and Enzo dosen't have much that can keep up with the new Corvette C6 ZR1 !
Old 01-28-2009, 08:02 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 4x4jkx
To me "It's a Jeep thing" means...

Being able to break down and know that when another Wrangler comes up on the road they'll stop to help me and I'll do the same.

Knowing that I can go places no car can

Being the only "SUV" to actually go topless

Being the only 4 wheeled vehicle to be able to drive without doors and still be 50 state legal

Knowing that my little six cylinder isn't the fastest thing on the road but she runs real good in the dirt.

Being able to just sit and chuckle while people stare at me in my naked Jeep when its freezing at night

I know more about my Jeep than the dealership does

I know that Enzo Ferrari himself said that Jeep Wranglers are the only true "sportscars" to come out of America

Knowing that even though I don't have power windows, power locks, climate control, heated seats, Bose surround sound system, leather trim, more bells and whistles than humanly imaginable... I still have more fun than anybody in any other car... because I own a Jeep and its not just a vehicle it's a lifestyle.
WTF ?

Enzo needs a reality check

Corvette C6 Z06.........and Enzo dosen't have much that can keep up with the new Corvette C6 ZR1 !
Old 01-28-2009, 08:20 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that Enzo meant it was the vehicle that represented our country best, and it was wind and bugs in the teeth windshield down days, small raspy engines and rough suspensions, it was not the station wagon people were driving to the grocery store at the current time. Cars like Ferrari represent their homeland with bright red paint, high revving perfectly tuned engines, and hand stitched hides creating masterpieces. You have to consider that Enzo was born a long long time ago, and after world war 2 the Jeep represnted a lot. To a lot of the world the US (especially the west) was unsettled and wild, the Jeep represented the USA experience at the time. Corvettes and Dodge Vipers carving the winding roads of northern california was the farthest thing from Enzos sight I think.

To me the Jeep means freedom, it means my vehicle is more than just a means to commute from point A to point B. My Jeep carries my gear to places my body cannot. It is not the most elegantly and richly apointed vehicle on the road, but it is beautiful in its simplicity. You won't find power windows or door locks in my jeep, or leather interior, but you will find function and capability. IT IS America. It is who we are.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:30 PM
JK Freak

A few years ago some Russian farmers come to our farm to see how we managed our crops. I drew the lucky assignment to take a couple of them on a farm tour so we took the Jeep CJ7. They loved it and kept wanting me to go faster over the rolling hills. When we stopped on a overlook one of them pulls out a bottle of Vodka-takes a swig and hands it to me and says "you drink then I drive" I said "sure - it's a Jeep thing" Well when we returned and got out and I had to take another group out my vodka drinking friend grabbed me by the arm and said "You show them Jeep thing too-go fast"
Old 01-28-2009, 09:20 PM
JK Newbie

It's a known fact among jeepers, and goes without saying. So, I think when non-jeepers see it advertised, it reflects poorly.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:27 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

since it's the season for snow,
recently the jeep thingm has meant to me that if you see someone in trouble, they don't have to have a jeep or big tires or mud on their vehicle for you to pull over and help out. The Jeep thing is about giving and helping your fellow citizens out whether a flat tire or a snapped u joint on the trail. it's a jeep thing, go help them out if you are able.
Old 01-29-2009, 07:49 AM
JK Super Freak

more money for mods = jeep thing
Old 01-29-2009, 08:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

I owned an old CJ5 years before marriage and kids. I always wished I hand't have sold that one, remembering "the Jeep Thing" and the community aspect.

A few years ago, I was driving the wife's suburban to town. The darned thing just died in a really bad spot to be. Hard to explain, but was on a bridge, overpass, merge thing.. Nowhere to get off the road, had to coast to a spot between two traffic lanes. With 3 kids in the Sub, this was very scary to say the least.

Not more than 40 or 50 cars passed at high speeds, horns blaring before a guy with white TJ pulled directly in front of me. He got out, hooked up a tow strap and pulled our suburban UPHILL about a mile to a safe place at a service station. He wouldn't accept more than a THANK YOU!

My oldest daughter (about 4 at the time) said "Dad, we should get a Jeep someday.. They are strong and nice people drive Jeeps"

I couldn't agree more.

Quick Reply: What does "It's A Jeep Thing" mean to you?