Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What did you pay for your 2012

Old 10-17-2011, 10:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What did you pay for your 2012

I don't see any threads started like this yet so I'll start one. What model/options MSRP did you purchase and what did you pay? What negotiating tools did you use? Rebates? Incentives? Where did you go?

I'm ordering a Rubi with leather, hardtop, and side airbags (might get U Connect, still deciding because I want to add my own Nav). MSRP is 36,495 and I'm doing tread lightly which is 1% under invoice which most of you know. I am currently trying to get a little closer invoice - holdback so i can bury all of my negative equity. I'll edit final price when I sign the buyers order tomorrow.
Old 10-18-2011, 03:28 AM
JK Newbie

2012 Wrangler Sport S
5-speed auto
Dual tops option
Power package
3.73 gears
LSD
Infinity 7 speaker stereo

I'm paying about 27k after treadlightly.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
5-speed auto
Hard top option
Leather

MSRP $37,130
Paid $33,157

Discounts
1% Lockheed Martin Discount (Same as Treadlightly)
$1,000 USAA Rebate

The difference after that was just a little bargining....
Old 10-18-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

I was at the local dealer on Sunday and poked around the 2012's, saw a JKU Rubi fully loaded for $42k.... Think I'll keep my 2011
Old 10-18-2011, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you, your spouse, or your parents have been in the military the usaa discount is free and easy. They basically give you 2% below invoice and right now they offer $1000 bonus cash. You can get teh USAA discount with out having been in the military, but you will not get the bonus cash. It is a very nice token of appreciation to our men and women of th emilitary who so bravely serve and preserve freedom.
The only down side to USAA is they have a small dealer network compared to Tread Lightly or other discounts. You may have to drive some distance to get your jeep. That would be fine, unless you get any kind of lifetime waranty from the dealer (many offer them with any purchase). Most lifetime waranty's require routine service be provided by the selling dealership.
After reading a few threads about bad dealer service and retaliation, I recomend you buy your jeep from a dealer who understands the "jeep thing" not just a chrystler/dodge dealer that sells jeeps. You may encounter waranty problems even with minor mods. Wayoflife on here had his waranty revoked for having a lift on his jeep because the dealer was mad about a negative review he left with corporate. The waranty would not even cover exhaust issues because they said the lift could have caused the issue.
So price is not the only consideration when choosing where adn when to buy. Just FYI.
I am in th esame boat as you, I am currently planning my first jeep purchase. I have been pouring over the forum to learn everyting I can to gdet the right equipment at a good price. Good luck.
Old 10-18-2011, 07:14 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2012 JKU Rubicon
Leather
Nav
Soft top
Connectivity
Auto

MSRP = 38590
Invoice = 36111
Paid = 33611 + doc, TTL = 34369

USAA $1k incentive, USAA price, and some competiton
Old 10-18-2011, 08:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trbizwiz
If you, your spouse, or your parents have been in the military the usaa discount is free and easy. They basically give you 2% below invoice and right now they offer $1000 bonus cash. You can get teh USAA discount with out having been in the military, but you will not get the bonus cash. It is a very nice token of appreciation to our men and women of th emilitary who so bravely serve and preserve freedom.
The only down side to USAA is they have a small dealer network compared to Tread Lightly or other discounts. You may have to drive some distance to get your jeep. That would be fine, unless you get any kind of lifetime waranty from the dealer (many offer them with any purchase). Most lifetime waranty's require routine service be provided by the selling dealership.
After reading a few threads about bad dealer service and retaliation, I recomend you buy your jeep from a dealer who understands the "jeep thing" not just a chrystler/dodge dealer that sells jeeps. You may encounter waranty problems even with minor mods. Wayoflife on here had his waranty revoked for having a lift on his jeep because the dealer was mad about a negative review he left with corporate. The waranty would not even cover exhaust issues because they said the lift could have caused the issue.
So price is not the only consideration when choosing where adn when to buy. Just FYI.
I am in th esame boat as you, I am currently planning my first jeep purchase. I have been pouring over the forum to learn everyting I can to gdet the right equipment at a good price. Good luck.
So my dad was in the Navy a long time ago.... Would I qualify for the USAA discount?

D
Old 10-18-2011, 08:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

2012 JK Unlimited Rubicon
auto trans
front seat airbags
leather
max tow
730n nav
uconnect
painted top and flares